Three weeks post-op bite more asymetrical than ever [with photos]

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ArchiMetric

Three weeks post-op bite more asymetrical than ever [with photos]

#1 Post by ArchiMetric »

Hi everyone,

I recently had Lefort 1 and BSSO done on june 7th in order to correct a jaw asymmetry, everything went ok at first but as the swelling went down i noticed something odd with my smile that i didn't have before, my upper jaw is now tilted to the right side of my face i don't know why nor how this happened since the surgery was supposed to correct my bite and asymmetry, but all i see for now is that my chin is smore balanced but the teeth are still on their wrong positions. I have posted a picture below to show you what i mean by "wrong position", i've tried to discuss this with my surgeon all she said is that my face is now more balanced than before and that's what's good, but i don't see it this way my teeth are in the wrong position and it's obvious when i smile. here's the picture : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 5283-n.jpg or https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 4591-o.jpg

Has anyone experienced something similar ? i'm very concerned about how my surgeon dealed with my case if it was the right thing to do especially after i noticed her not being transparent after the surgery. Also what do you think about my bite is it too obvious ?

ArchiMetric

Re: Three weeks post-op bite more asymetrical than ever [with photos]

#2 Post by ArchiMetric »

Please guys can anyone give an opinion i really need to hear some experiences if this can be fixed without having to go through a revision ?

FlyByNight

#3 Post by FlyByNight »

You have the right to be frustrated. I understand how worried you could be feeling after such a big surgery and not get the results you wanted. To me, yes it does look off. Reminds me of Tom Cruise's smile. I know I didn't help much but are you by any chance missing any teeth? That could be a factor in your midline position.

ArchiMetric

#4 Post by ArchiMetric »

Yes, i am missing one wisdom teeth on the lower jaw at the right side (smile is crooked to the left). Do you think this can be fixed with braces or do i need to see another surgeon asap before the bone heals completely ?

Cassandrab94

#5 Post by Cassandrab94 »

We both have very identical situations. I also had the same surgery on the same exact date as you. I am now three weeks post op and going back in for another bsso on July 10th. My bottom jaw shifted back to its original spot due to the screws in my bottom jaw coming loose. My surgeons saw it and immediately scheduled me for surgery again, so there is a high chance that you might also have screws loose and will need surgery again!