I miss food!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Momto5boys

I miss food!

#1 Post by Momto5boys »

I was braced just 2 weeks ago and I miss food so bad. I can't chew anything and I miss my favorite things. My 11 yr old also has braces and I get jealous of watching him eat a hamburger or tacos. Why can he eat and I can't? Sorry about complaining, I'm just having a "pity party" over here. :cry:

autumnpath

Re: I miss food!

#2 Post by autumnpath »

It will get better! When I first got braced it took me a while too! (I"m 40) :)

FlyByNight

#3 Post by FlyByNight »

You will feel pressure a few days or even a week after every appointment.

Momto5boys

#4 Post by Momto5boys »

Its not that I'm sore or that it hurts. I don't feel them anymore. Its just my molars don't touch so I can't chew anything. :( my teeth don't match up so I'm stuck on yogurt, mashed potatoes and cottage cheese. I just want a burger..lol.m

FlyByNight

#5 Post by FlyByNight »

Momto5boys wrote:Its not that I'm sore or that it hurts. I don't feel them anymore. Its just my molars don't touch so I can't chew anything. :( my teeth don't match up so I'm stuck on yogurt, mashed potatoes and cottage cheese. I just want a burger..lol.m
I had the same problem. They put 2 turbos on my upper front teeth so every time I bit down, the only place it would come together were those 2 little plastic pieces. I HATED them. It felt like if I closed my mouth too hard they would shatter my teeth.