29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steph30

Re:

#46 Post by Steph30 »

str8k8 wrote:
Turns out we were braced on the exact same day. I have innovation-c on top too. And will be getting innovation-r on bottom next month.

You're progress is amazing! You must be pleased!

I also have the "something in my teeth" look between a few of my teeth. I believe this is the 'black triangles' that people talk about!? And the ortho should at some point use IPR to reduce the space. I'm hoping so anyway.

Almost 2 months in now!! We can do it!!!
Hey, I had a look at your progress as well! your uppers look absolutely perfect already! Awesome.

I was hoping yesterday at the adjustment they would tell me that because ive had so much progress my braces may come off earlier haha.. no such luck!

Steph30

Re: 29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

#47 Post by Steph30 »

First Adjustment was yesterday (May 24) - Was hardly painful.. little tender on my uppers when changing the wire - so she said that my progress was great so far, lots of movement - they added ties to 3 uppers, the ones that need a little extra help to rotate, also upgraded both wires to "Snug things up and keep things moving along". So I guess I have stronger wires? They look the same to me haha.. My teeth are a tiny bit more sore than usual but NOTHING like when first applied.. I was a bit nervous, so far so good :mrgreen:

I will post some more progress pictures in a week or so... I'm in the middle of moving so i'm too busy right now to do it!.. my bottom front 4 are completely straight though and ive noticed quite a bit of change in my upper fronts as well.

My Ortho suggested warm compresses and muscle relaxants at night to help with my jaw tenderness, I bit her unintentionally during my adjustment.. my jaw is so aggressive and unpredictable right now.. if its angry it just spasms and clamps in all kinds of directions.. zombie style! UGH..

Cant believe how fast 2 months has gone.. :) Feeling good

str8k8

Re: Re:

#48 Post by str8k8 »

Steph30 wrote:Hey, I had a look at your progress as well! your uppers look absolutely perfect already! Awesome.

I was hoping yesterday at the adjustment they would tell me that because ive had so much progress my braces may come off earlier haha.. no such luck!
Oh thank you so much!! :D
It seems like they did a lot of moving with the first wire and none with the second grrrr... so pretty much no change since my last adjustment. Keen to get my bottom braces on now to see the next big changes.

I've also been hoping that I'm ahead of schedule haha, but I daren't ask my orthodontist the question because i'm afraid of him giving me the answer I don't want!

Steph30

#49 Post by Steph30 »

IMG_5866.JPG
This was taken on yesterday (May 31) - just over 2 months progress on my uppers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tillybrace

#50 Post by tillybrace »

[quote="Steph30"]IMG_5866.JPG

This was taken on yesterday (May 31) - just over 2 months progress on my uppers![/quot

That is some brilliant process

Steph30

#51 Post by Steph30 »

tillybrace wrote:
That is some brilliant process

Thanks!! I'm feeling pretty good about things so far :D - I had a peak at your thread as well, your teeth are really coming along, are you happy so far? - any regrets?

atrixa

#52 Post by atrixa »

Steph30 wrote:
This was taken on yesterday (May 31) - just over 2 months progress on my uppers!
Fantastic progress- they've aligned really nicely by the looks of it. :D
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

erin5550

#53 Post by erin5550 »

Steph30 wrote:IMG_5866.JPG

Looking good girlie. How's that bite plate?

str8k8

#54 Post by str8k8 »

Amazing progress Steph30...your teeth look perfectly aligned!

Steph30

#55 Post by Steph30 »

Just another update post with pictures - day 72!, i'm not complaining about progress by any means, not sure why one of my front teeth look so much longer though!
IMG_5920.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steph30

#56 Post by Steph30 »

str8k8 wrote:

Amazing progress Steph30...your teeth look perfectly aligned!

Thank you, not quite perfect yet! But i'm definitely happy with my progress :D

Steph30

#57 Post by Steph30 »

erin5550 wrote:
Looking good girlie. How's that bite plate?

Hey, thank you!!! I'm feeling good about things.. Bite plate... argh lol. It does it's job at night but other than that it stays at home. Bad bad. :crazy:

SoulfulRetreat

#58 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

Wow! Your teeth are awesome! So much progress in 72 days! Yay! One of my front teeth is longer than the other and the technician said that the other tooth will drop down into place eventually and will be even with the other one. We seem to both be moving right along. Congrats to you!

VioletStubbs

#59 Post by VioletStubbs »

I hope my teeth move as quickly as yours have, any improvement on my smile will be a big improvement. You sound like an absolute trooper!

Steph30

#60 Post by Steph30 »

VioletStubbs wrote:I hope my teeth move as quickly as yours have, any improvement on my smile will be a big improvement. You sound like an absolute trooper!

I'm sure things will! The most movement seems to happen at first for everyone and then its mostly fine tuning! When's your brace date? Time really does move fast so try not to dread it too much :D