HELP! Lefort 1 impaction ruined my face!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fixmenow

HELP! Lefort 1 impaction ruined my face!

#1 Post by fixmenow »

Hey everyone, I am feeling super depressed about my surgery results. I am 6 weeks post-op and am hating my nose. I had a lefort 1 impaction moving 4mm up, and an advancement moving me forward 5mm. My nose is noticeably larger, and sits higher up on my face, making it seem like it is squished. I am freaking out because I don't know if things will ever change, or if this is how I'll be forever. Can a lefort 1 impaction be reversed? I know they remove a slither of bone in your skull around your nose making the nose area become compressed. Am I stuck like this? Do I still have hope for a change? :paperbag: :paperbag: :paperbag:

Please see video link below to understand what I mean.
https://youtu.be/KzxGclrto7k

Snophik

Re: HELP! Lefort 1 impaction ruined my face!

#2 Post by Snophik »

Hi fixmenow.
The maxilla can be brought down again. I'm in a very similar situation as you and have to go throug another surgery. I think your nose is going to get a lot better when more time has passed. Mine has gotten more normal but far from how I want it to look. You can pm me if you would like to talk more.

TylerWithBraces

#3 Post by TylerWithBraces »

I would give it another 6 weeks. I think a lot of people go through some sort of identity crisis after their surgery due to the dramatic results on the appearance. It will most likely change within those 6 weeks.

fixmenow

#4 Post by fixmenow »

Hey! thanks for the responses. :heart:
I had some positive insight from friends and family over the last few days and they all said the exact same thing "You're still very swollen" they all said they could see it around my cheeks,nose and philtrum. I think you're both right and I need to wait.

rimi1881

#5 Post by rimi1881 »

Hi Snophik,

My maxilla was my over impacted and I'm due to have another operation to have it moved down. It was moved 6-7mm and after talking to other doctors it should only have been brought down 3mm. I hate how i look now and am inclined to have my jaw broght down to where it was pre-op but the new doctor said the more he brings it down the more unstable it will be. I do want it moved down at least 5mm. How did your second op go? Were you happy with the results?

rimi1881

#6 Post by rimi1881 »

Hi Snophik,

I had the same problem, my maxilla was over impacted. It should have been moved 3 mm but surgeon moved it 7-8. I had revision done recently with another surgeon almost 11 weeks after orginal op. I was hoping i would look like i did before i had any ops but i don't, im still struggling with that. I think i just need to give my face time to settle. Nose improved slightly but not enough. The new surgeon said that the prev surgeon removed too much cartilidge (he did a septoplasty at the dame time) My nose is wider, shorter and sits higher up than it before any surgery. Are you based in the UK? When is your op to bring the maxilla down?

jawregret1

#7 Post by jawregret1 »

rimi1881 wrote:Hi Snophik,

I had the same problem, my maxilla was over impacted. It should have been moved 3 mm but surgeon moved it 7-8. I had revision done recently with another surgeon almost 11 weeks after orginal op. I was hoping i would look like i did before i had any ops but i don't, im still struggling with that. I think i just need to give my face time to settle. Nose improved slightly but not enough. The new surgeon said that the prev surgeon removed too much cartilidge (he did a septoplasty at the dame time) My nose is wider, shorter and sits higher up than it before any surgery. Are you based in the UK? When is your op to bring the maxilla down?
Hi rimi1881,

How did your face change with the revision surgery? Is your tooth show improved?

Nellyfizzle2

#8 Post by Nellyfizzle2 »

[quote="fixmenow"]Hey everyone, I am feeling super depressed about my surgery results. I am 6 weeks post-op and am hating my nose. I had a lefort 1 impaction moving 4mm up, and an advancement moving me forward 5mm. My nose is noticeably larger, [b]and sits higher up on my face[/b], making it seem like it is squished. I am freaking out because I don't know if things will ever change, or if this is how I'll be forever. Can a lefort 1 impaction be reversed? I know they remove a slither of bone in your skull around your nose making the nose area become compressed. Am I stuck like this? Do I still have hope for a change? :paperbag: :paperbag: :paperbag:

Please see video link below to understand what I mean.
[url]https://youtu.be/KzxGclrto7k[/url][/quote]

Do you have an update for us?

Zola

#9 Post by Zola »

[quote=Snophik post_id=490105 time=1485648143 user_id=27815]
Hi fixmenow.
The maxilla can be brought down again. I'm in a very similar situation as you and have to go throug another surgery. I think your nose is going to get a lot better when more time has passed. Mine has gotten more normal but far from how I want it to look. You can pm me if you would like to talk more.
[/quote]

Hi! I would really like to know if you have gone through another surgery? I have the same problem and don't know what to do anymore. Is it possible to message you in any way?