Braces, round two

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kip

Re: Braces, round two

#61 Post by kip »

Hiya! It's all going OK, thigns have come to a halt though. Since I had the extraction gap re-wired, nothing much has happened. I had a lot of inital pressure for 3 days and a small gap (0.5mm maybe) appeared between my incisor and canine and one between my back two molars but then the pressure went and they've stopped moving by the looks of it.

I'm not back at the ortho until 21st December, so am hoping things will get moving again then so I can get this gap closed and be finished! I'm just a bit bored of my braces at this point!

How are yours going?

Ramm87

#62 Post by Ramm87 »

Fantastic progress :wink:

kip

#63 Post by kip »

Hi all!

Long time since I did an update, I didn’t think much was happening to tell, until I took some photos last night!

My gap is closing up slowly, I’ve got a single powerchain tie across the gap and I’m wearing class 2 elastics at night only at the moment. The plan is to get my canine in the gap and then move everything else across and back. I’ve noticed in the last week how much it has moved as whenever I bite down, my canines are touching now! It’s very annoying and uncomfortable so I can’t wait for it to move back further! I’m seeing my ortho every 2 weeks at the moment to to change the powerchain and make sure things keep moving.

My only concern is my molar, it seems to have moved inwards a lot, is this normal? Picture below shows this well, it’s travelled so far inwards now and looks so odd!

kip

#64 Post by kip »

No new pictures currently, must remember to take some..

Things are still moving quickly and I'm on target to be out of braces in July/August time, which will be 18 months altogether.

My extraction gap is about 1mm off being totally closed. Had an ortho appointment this week and he's put a powerchain on my upper arch to start pulling my midline across. My archwire has two little hooks in between the canine and incisors on the wire itself, and on the gappy side I have an elastic hooked from this hook to my lower molar. I'm struggling with a lot of pain in my upper arch as things have moved already (my midline has moved about 1mm in the last 3 days!) but it only seems to hurt when I take the elastic band off when I eat. I'm going to attempt to eat with it in as I'd rather be pain free!

Very pleased everything is moving quickly still and am looking forward to the end of my braced journey.

kip

#65 Post by kip »

It's been a while since I've updated, life got in the way!

I'm now on countdown till debrace day, T-minus 24 days! My teeth are looking great and I'm really pleased. My midline is spot on and in the next 3 weeks we're tipping one side of my upper arch out as they sunk back a bit when closing my extraction gap.

I've been suffering with a lot of pain in my lower incisors and my dentist informed me that I have root reabsorption in all four of these teeth. My ortho didn't seem too concerned by this and told me not to worry, so I'm unsure who to trust at this point...I can see on the Xray that my roots have shrunk and I also have an issue with gum recession but this is something I will put more thought into when I'm debraced.

Pictures to follow :)