HeyBuckey!'s Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyBuckey!

Re: HeyBuckey!'s Story

#346 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Uppers Comparison.

Image Image

To the left we have December 15th - To the right we have December 31st

I'm pretty confident it's closing.

GO MOVEMENT!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

HeyBuckey!

#347 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hi Nessness!

Oh do I sympathize with you! Sometimes it's the stubborn gaps or our Ortho's are working on something else that the gaps take the passenger seat. :x Let us send happy vibes to each other so our gaps close completely and we can get our braces off when we want them off. :-P

:heart: Aw! Thanks! I'll be sure to post everywhere when I get these things off! It's going to be so great! I think I need a braces-off party. But until then...I'll be posting next weeks adjustment. :-)
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

nessness

#348 Post by nessness »

I'm sending all the happy vibes i possibly can! My right gap is closing faster than my left, my left is still the same as it's been for like 3/4 months :(
Yours are almost closed though, bet by your next adjustment they'll be talking about removing those metals! I'm even more green with envy! :mrgreen:

I read you were thinking about gum contouring. You have to let me know how that goes if you decide to do so, been reading quite a bit about it and hearing alot of positive stories. My gum's uneven on one side so I'm thinking about it aswell. But on your pics though it looks perfectly even to me :? Then again you see your smile everyday so you would know better

HeyBuckey!

#349 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey Nessness!

Image I'm feeling the vibes. :-P

I had that same exact problem. I kid you not, at the beginning of May of last year my right gap was completely closed! It's 8 months later and I'm still wondering when the left gap is going to be officially closed for business! My Ortho was trying to adjust my midline for about 2 months and didn't bother with trying to close the gap. I think It may be because my midline was off to the left and she didn't want to make it any worse. I really, really, really hope they give me a debanding date tomorrow! I love the braces and how they've completely mighty-morphed my mouth into a new one but I'm ready to see my new smile.

I'll definitely let you know! It could just be me, when they say you're your own worst critic that statement is so true! I like my smile but I want my gums to be even across the top. If I go ahead and do it I'll definitely let you know. It sounds fairly easy with a decent recovery time. Then again...I may just deal with my uneven gums. Boring I know, but my pocket-book is screaming for mercy. :lol:
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

lau

#350 Post by lau »

wow, looking fantastic. how much longer? did they say? you look done to me.
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

HeyBuckey!

#351 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hi Lau!

Thank you! No debanding date yet. :(

BUT! My teeth look a million times better and I think...I'm just going to stop counting and anticipating. My tech once again said we gotta get that gap closed but that I look just about done. So, my hope is that I'll know for sure where I stand next by appointment which will be the conclusion of my 14th month.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and thank you for visiting!!! :-D
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#352 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hi All!!!

Surprisingly I made it safely out of my last appointment. Why you may ask. Take a look at the pictures below. It may be inconspicuous but the reason is definitely there!

Smile pretty! Do you see it?

Right side

Left side

Lowers

Bite

Uppers

You still don't see it yet do you? I'll tell you. At my last appointment I got the MOTHER of all powerchains. Take a look again at that first pic. Do you see how thick that thing is?! It was placed on Thursday morning, it's Saturday night and I'm still having trouble biting down, I can't chew properly, and my teeth burn.

Yes..burn. Sometimes I even feel like I've been kicked in the mouth a few times. :soremouth:

When my Ortho said, "Chain the uppers tight, tight, tight." I must've thought it was a joke or something. I tell you what...I'm not laughing because this joke is so not funny...

Oh yeah! My lowers are out of the powerchain! Exciting stuff right? It would be even better if I could hear "finishing wire." That would make my year! But like I said in my previous post, I'm going to stop guessing and anticipating my debanding date because I have no idea where I am or what else needs to be tweeked before they call these babies finished. I'm sure the results will be awesome though!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

lau

#353 Post by lau »

Hey buckey- thanks for the comPliments, they mean a lot more coming from you one of my brace mentors!!!! I have as you did a tooth that was behind the others (the one on the left of the front incissor) do you remember how long it took to be on the same levels of the others?
My story + progress pix

lau

#354 Post by lau »

Btw-
Your smile looks amazing!!! How much more perfect an it get??
My story + progress pix

HeyBuckey!

#355 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Thanks Lau!!! Don't make me blush! :HugeGrin:

And you're welcome!!! :-D My mean little tooth took a little less than a month to get whipped into shape. I actually had to look at my pictures because I would've swore up and down it was 3 months. And I would've been really wrong. :-P

It went into place very quickly! Now these gaps are another story. I have one more gap on the left that's been open since February of 2010. Can you believe it?! That's amost 2 years! Well maybe I can say 1.5 years since I was at a complete stand still in 2010 from May to November.

This little resistant bugger is what's keeping these braces from coming off. :x

Oh well. God knows when the best day will be to get them off. But I definitely will rejoice when it comes!

Enough with my rambling!

Good Night!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#356 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Anticipation...

Nothing much going on here...Just patiently awaiting next weeks appointment.

The gap...still open. WHY WON'T YOU JUST CLOSE LIL FELLA!!! :? It would make Buckey EXTREMELY happy!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#357 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hi All!!!

I don't have pictures yet, BUT! I do have an update! On Thursday I had an appointment, my bite was examined and although the space had closed a good amount it hadn't closed completely. So, my Ortho gave me a reversed curve wired...

It looks just like this

With the wacky wire came a new appointment...In 3 WEEKS!!!

I truly believe the closer the appointments get together the less time my mouth will be confined in a metal death grip!!!

Pictures WILL be coming soon so stay tuned!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#358 Post by HeyBuckey! »

And here are the pictures of my progress at the 24/28 month mark! I'm getting excited now!!!

This picture is NOT depicting my overly abundant happiness that they're coming off soon, but I smiled anyway...lamely. :-P

Right side.

Left side.

Bite.

Lowers.

And my favorite!

Image Image

UPPERS!!! The first is present the second is last month.

I definitely see a difference and it's still not quite there yet but it is getting, very very close. The way this wire feels I wouldn't be surprised if it closed all the way by the end of this week! Maybe not surprised, but definitely happy!!! Then it'll have a little time to get used to it's permanent space. :-D
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

lau

#359 Post by lau »

looking good, not much more to go now!!
My story + progress pix

VioletJay

#360 Post by VioletJay »

I read so many of the posts on this thread before registering - really amazing to see your progress! I am destined for braces in a few weeks and the ortho reckons about 2-2.5 years though of course I am hoping for quicker movement than that. I too am having two teeth pulled on top - 1st premolars. Bit nervous about that but oh well, I suppose I'll just have to suck it up and think of something else - and remember that the holes will close! Argh though - no going back!

Okay, I'll stop panicking now! :)