Crest Glide Threader floss is now Oral-B Glide Threader Flos

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

White Fang

Crest Glide Threader floss is now Oral-B Glide Threader Flos

#1 Post by White Fang »

Hi all,

After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to stay away from the Oral-B Super Floss and go with the pricier Crest Glide stuff. I've been very happy with my first 2 boxes (I don't know why anyone would go for those lasso-things the ortho gave me!) When I went to re-stock this week, the Glide had new packaging and now said Oral-B where it used to say Crest. The Oral-B Super Floss is still on the shelf also.

I guess since they are both Proctor and Gamble that shouldn't be too surprising... but I'm wondering why the change was made and I'm HOPING they won't decide to change anything about the Glide version... it's great as-is!

Anyone else notice this change in their area?

drgnchsr36

Re: Crest Glide Threader floss is now Oral-B Glide Threader

#2 Post by drgnchsr36 »

I did notice that I couldn't find it. I guess I'll buy the new one and see if it's the same...

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

Crest and Oral B are both owned by Proctor & Gamble.

They apparently just decided that the Glide brand fit better under Oral-B. I'm sure the product will be exactly the same, except for the name on the box.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

AM21

#4 Post by AM21 »

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering what happened to Crest Glide when I went to restock. I thought maybe the store was out of the floss. Now I know it's just a name change.
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

Katvo

#5 Post by Katvo »

Crest and Oral B are (for all practical purposes) the same brand... When dental offices choose what type of paste to carry the two major options are Crest vs Colgate. If you elect Crest then your package deal includes the Glide floss and Oral B tooth brushes. So, the product hasn't changed, It's just been re-branded to align with the tooth brushes.

-Kat