NEWBIE - getting braces soon!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ming

NEWBIE - getting braces soon!

#1 Post by ming »

Hey everyone !

I've been wandering around this website for a few weeks now and thought I'd introduce myself :). I've just turned 20 and decided to get braces for myself this year hehe.

My initial concern was a protruding mouth (asian background if that matters) and also a small gap between my two front teeth, however the majority of my teeth are quite straight already. After the first consultation, I was told i also had a slight underbite, hence my slower lip sticking out. Then after taking x-rays and coming back for my second consultation, i was told i had slight crowding and that my wisdom teeth are not given enough space grow out.

Now I'm just waiting to get 4 second premolars removed in the next two weeks! :shock: Just a little nervous but I'm actually looking forward to it.

Bye for now ! =D

PS. How do I upload an image? lol

gokix

#2 Post by gokix »

Hi ming! Congrats on starting your new journey to getting braces. :)
To link an image, simply upload a photo to hosting site (photobucket, flickr, tinypic), copy and paste that link and insert it between the "img" tags.

ming

#3 Post by ming »

Thanks gokix!
Just figured out how to upload some photos :D :

Teeth
Mouth

There is a chip in my front teeth but my ortho said he'd fix it along the way.

Also the treatment time is 2 years and retainers for around 18 months?

I didnt think my teeth were that bad to be 2 whole years! But I guess my side view sucks because my mouth seems to be poking out.

Anyways I will post up more pictures in Braces Stories once I get my braces on! :D

Right now I'm just looking for tips on how to prepare for teeth extractions and putting on the braces, stuff like what foods should i eat as much as possible before i can't anymore hehehe :wink: and will my mouth look larger once the braces are on :shock: .
Also...my orthodontist didnt mention anything about spacers but my teeth seem pretty tight! :?

jambo532

good idea

#4 Post by jambo532 »

yeah that's what I did. I ate as much as humanly possible before braces. Now I'm ok to eat tho. I eat just about whatever I ate before just now I have a toothbrush handy. It's worth it in the end I'm sure.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

P3nnst8r

#5 Post by P3nnst8r »

Hey Ming!

Welcome to the club. Although I'm not in it myself, but I have my brackets on and I just got my 4 premolars removed last Thursday. Wires this Thursday!

I'm in the same boat that my teeth weren't THAT bad, straight for the most part, but I wanted to get smaller looking lips and rid of my overbite as much as possible.

I only had spacers put in my back 2 top teeth, so I think it just depends on how close your back teeth are to each other.

The first 2 days after extractions were pretty rough; I ate only jello, mashed potatoes, and pudding (like a pelican at that, because of my undying fear of dry socket). Yesterday I did graduate to chicken noodle soup, and today I had my first "real" meal of some takeout chinese! So I think I'm good to go :) And you should expect the same.

And honestly? Eat all the sticky stuff you can :) If you are a fan of swedish fish, make sure to gobble those up! 'Cause once you get spacers in, the ortho STRONGLY recommends you stray away from them :)