missfashionista's braces story-NEW Comparison pics pg 4

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missfashionista

missfashionista's braces story-NEW Comparison pics pg 4

#1 Post by missfashionista »

Got my lowers braced on 2/7/08. The whole ordeal wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. The achy pain after was worse. I suffered for the next 5 days, ate only soup and really really soft food. Was really frustrated at myself because my DH is a chef and I could not eat his yummy food. But today, almost a week later, I feel better about my decision of getting braces. I was really close to calling this whole thing off, and getting them removed.

Here are some pics!

My hideous teeth:

Lowers got braced on 2/7/08:

My next appointment is on 2/28/08. I think my ortho. will be bracing my uppers that day. Then the next appointment will be for my extraction. I will be extracting 1 lower incisor. I am terrified!!

Went for my appointment today. It wasn't a major appointment. The Ortho. just checked on my teeth and changed my ligs. I got baby blue ones this time. I go back on 3/20/08 to get my uppers braced! I can't wait!!! I thought it was today and was a little disappointed when was told it would be at the next appointment. But at least I can enjoy a great dinner tonight as I haven't been eating due to the stomach flu! Here are some pics:

Also, something really crazy happened to me last night and was rushed to the ER. Click viewtopic.php?t=24611 to read the story of me getting a dystonic reaction.

3/20/08-I am officially a metal mouth!! Hooray! My uppers finally got braced today. I got the porcelain brackets for my front 5 teeth. 1 one my tooth isn't braced. The ortho. said that he wanted to shift my front teeth outwards a bit before he braces that one. I changed my bottom ligs to dark pink. I really like this color!

Here are some pics:

My next appointment is in 3 weeks. I think it is just a quick check-up and I will be referred out to an oral surgeon for my 1 extraction. I am starting to get scared!

4/10/08-Not much progress...I am starting to get impatient!! Went for an adjustment today and was expecting to find out when I would get my 1 lower incisor extracted. My ortho. changed my top arch wire and told me he wanted to see me again before scheduling the dreaded extraction. This is absolutely stressing me out! I even had nightmares last night about the extraction. All I want is to get it over and done with...oh well, what can I do...more waiting for me!

On a positive note, I opened the lines of communication with my ortho. today. He explained more in detail about my treatment and why I am a good candidate for the lower incisor extraction. I feel more confident after that talk with him.

Anyway, he said that my uppers are already straighter. I can't really tell but maybe you can? Here are new photos taken today. I still have my hot pink ligs on my lowers...those ones didn't get changed! Damn, I wanted a new color...LOL.

Last edited by missfashionista on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Katt

#2 Post by Katt »

don't be terrified. extractions aren't that bad. But I will still send good day vibes to you anyway. BTW I finally was able to eat a cheeseburger today and was so excited because I like you was very tender the first few days.

Katt

#3 Post by Katt »

OMG it was the best ever being deprived for so long of good food. What helped my front teeth though was actually biting down on them believe it or not. I guess it has something to do with the blood flow etc. But it does help so maybe start small like with bread or see if you can get a bite wafer.

kittymeow84

#4 Post by kittymeow84 »

They're great photos and your teeth aren't horrible at all! You're going to have a stunning smile when they're all lined up :HugeGrin:
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

missfashionista

#5 Post by missfashionista »

OMG...I finally got to eat some real food today. My tummy is so happy!

Happy Valentine's Day to all! :D

Katt

#6 Post by Katt »

Woo Hoo Congratulations. I know how exciting that is.

Happy Valentines to you as well. :D

mariahfromchicago

#7 Post by mariahfromchicago »

The more I look at your bottom teeth the more I think mine looked like that. They did. See my pictures in the metal mouth forum .
- mariah

missfashionista

#8 Post by missfashionista »

New pics up!! Whoopie! Went to the Ortho today and got baby blue ligs! I am getting more and more used to my braces now. I cannot wait till I get my uppers braced!

Katt

#9 Post by Katt »

love the blue!!!

METALMOUTHPOOH

#10 Post by METALMOUTHPOOH »

Man I am jealous... ur hubby is a chef :wink:

Welcome to this site and keep us posted on your uppers getting braces.

Sorry about the ER that sounds sooo scary girl :shock:

Braced32

#11 Post by Braced32 »

Hi missfashionista ~

Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction. So glad it wasn't your braces! :)

In 3 days I will get my lowers braced and receive a bite plate. I'm so excited yet nervous! I will get my uppers braced in 3-4 months, I believe.

When are your extractions?

I had 5 teeth extracted under general anesthesia. The process itself was GREAT. GA is awesome! :D But the recovery was slow. :(

Will you get an implant for that extracted tooth or just close up the space?

02/04/08 Extractions (4 deciduous second molars & 1 wisdom tooth)

missfashionista

#12 Post by missfashionista »

^^^

Hi Braced32,

Yeah, that allergic reaction was a really bad scare!

WOW...5 extractions??? So lucky you were under GA. Were you in pain after though?? So you've been braced for a couple days now, how do you feel?

I get my uppers braced on the 20th of March...I can hardly wait! I think my extractions will be in April, not sure when yet. My Ortho. said he wants my top teeth to move outwards a bit before getting my 1 incisor extracted....all this waiting is killing me! He said he will use the extracted tooth to "close" the gap and when my teeth start moving, he will shave it down to make space...coz I didn't want a big gap in the front of my mouth!

Anyway, today, one of my lower molars feel tender. I couldn't really use my left side to chew....I guess that's how you tell that your teeth are moving? Not sure but I hope they are...coz I can't see any progress when I look in the mirror everyday.

missfashionista

#13 Post by missfashionista »

METALMOUTHPOOH wrote:Man I am jealous... ur hubby is a chef :wink:

Welcome to this site and keep us posted on your uppers getting braces.

Sorry about the ER that sounds sooo scary girl :shock:
heehee...that was one of the deciding factors when I was thinking of getting braces...I was like, hmmm...am I going to be able to enjoy my DH's cooking? Eating is such a chore now...well actually, I shouldn't say that. Cleaning up after eating is such a chore. I have stopped my nightly snacking because I am sooo lazy to brush my teeth after. I usually brush and floss after dinner so no more snacking after that!

Yeah, that ER scare was crazy...DH was so worried...but so glad it wasn't my braces coz I was ready to tear them off my teeth!

Katt

#14 Post by Katt »

How are things going? happy almost 1 month anniversary!!

missfashionista

#15 Post by missfashionista »

Katt wrote:How are things going? happy almost 1 month anniversary!!
Things are going well...except for that "little" ER scare I had. Time seems to pass really fast and I can't wait till I get my uppers braced and see some results coz I think I am still in my training wires on my lowers. Thanks for asking, Katt! :D