Braceys Braces!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracey

Braceys Braces!

#1 Post by bracey »

I got the braces on today(upper only) it didnt take long everything went fine, but I got the biggest surprise when the ortho handed me the mirror,........clear brackets!!!!I was expecting a metal mouth not the clear ones> He said he always puts those on adults. And I must say I love them now, they are so unnoticable!
my teeth were a little tender when I was eating today, so I didnt eat that much. Dont know if it was my imagination or not but I think I felt my teeth moving or the wire moving or something???But could that be??already teeth moving??
I tried to take some photos of the teeth and brackets but they dont show well on the camera, cant get properly focused close ups!!! but I will try again later. Cause I know how fun and interesting it is to look at the before and after pics.. :wink:
it took me ages to clean my teeth, I used the special orthodontic brush but it was difficult, and I couldnt floss!! space is so limited with those brackets on my teeth. I also have a few blobs of wax on some sharpish areas of the brackets which are hitting inside my mouth. but all in all it has been positive experience so far!!! Cant wait to see peoples reactions, although so far nobody has noticed much unless I pointed it out.

photos soon!! :D

Tin Indian

#2 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Welcome to the club Bracey.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

New Metal

#3 Post by New Metal »

Can wait to see the pics :-)

bracey

#4 Post by bracey »

still havent been able to take any decent pics!!! There is no macro function on my camera, so they are really out of focus.

my mouth was very sore last night and I kept waking up, but was too tired to get out of bed and try and find a pain killer so I just put up with it.
even my lower jaw ached. and I havent even got braces on the bottom!!!! Today they feel ok a little sensitive when chewing food.

The worst thing so far is that Im finding it really hard to brush my teeth properly, I spent ages today, using one of those tiny dental brushes going where it will fit around the brackets,

I think my teeth have moved a little, not too sure but they feel different

will try again with the pics think I may have to settle for fuzzy focas pics.

bracey

#5 Post by bracey »

still havent been able to take any decent pics!!! There is no macro function on my camera, so they are really out of focus.

my mouth was very sore last night and I kept waking up, but was too tired to get out of bed and try and find a pain killer so I just put up with it.
even my lower jaw ached. and I havent even got braces on the bottom!!!! Today they feel ok a little sensitive when chewing food.

The worst thing so far is that Im finding it really hard to brush my teeth properly, I spent ages today, using one of those tiny dental brushes going where it will fit around the brackets,

I think my teeth have moved a little, not too sure but they feel different

will try again with the pics think I may have to settle for fuzzy focas pics.

bracey

#6 Post by bracey »

thanks everyone for the good wishes and welcomes, :D

I got a friend to take a good enough pic today

my teeth look so so bad in the picture, they look worse in the pic than they are I think!!or maybe 'm just deluding myself??
but the clear brackets are lovely aren't they :)

bracedagain I wont be getting lower brackets as the ortho thinks lower teeth are not bad enough to justify bracing them, I do have one tooth a bit out of line on the bottom, so I might ask him to brace me there too, I will think about it more.

My treatment will leave me with some overbite because I did not want to have any extractions. its supposed to take about 14 months.
Last edited by bracey on Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smallbutmighty

#7 Post by smallbutmighty »

Hi Bracey,
Welcome to the club. :-1
Re lack of macro on your camera-- I thought i didn't have it either because it wasn't in the choices that could be seen, but it was a menu choice. So maybe that it how it might be for yours. We have 2 diffent Olympus digital camers, and one is in the front and must be clicked on, and the other newer one is in the menu selection. The older 2 pix. takes better close-up than the newer 5 pixel.
i have 3 different toothbrushes that I use, not counting the proxi brushes. 1 is braun electric-- that really stirs up my teeth for a while (use it at bedtime), a medium sized brush , a youth brush, which ahs been my standard for years (have a really small mouth), plus the travel brush for braces. At first I worried about being too rough, but those brackets are really on there for the long haul, so you can brush just like you always have. And rinsing your mouth many times vigorously after eating really helps a lot. Except for spinach-- there always seems to be some of that left somewhere :lol: .

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
It's all in how you see yourself!

bracey

#8 Post by bracey »

hi all,
had my first adjustment today and was told this will probably be the most uncomfortable part of the treatment because he has tied some teeth with wires to the archwire, so that they move 'quicker' I think? The assistant told me to not be a hero and take some painkiller if I need it, so I stocked up on some :D they also said I will probably notice lots of movement now...yay.
There already has been some slight movement in my teeth since getting braces, and probably too subtle for anyone but me to notice, probably because I can feel with my tongue that they are different.

bracey

before & now pics!

#9 Post by bracey »

had my 2nd adjustment on thursday, and the ortho changed the archwire to a rectangular thicker one. it was a little sore and my front teeth still feel a bit sensitive....the ortho said I was 3 months ahead of schedule, which is good. only thing Im concerned about is the overjet which is present at moment, I knew I will have a bit of overlap at the end but Im just hoping its not this much, anyone have a similar experience??
pics below

when I got the braces on

now! with new archwire

Miss Smiley

#10 Post by Miss Smiley »

Wow, look at the difference in the archwire!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

kirjax

#11 Post by kirjax »

great progress for 3 months! Gosh I can't wait til I have noticable changes too!

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!