Lea's story...Update and pics pg. 5

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lea72104

Lea's story...Update and pics pg. 5

#1 Post by lea72104 »

Alrighty, well I've posted a fair few times and have finally decided to document it here. I decided to just jump in and do it after finding this website and reading all the awesome stories. I have needed braces for quite a long time and my dad couldn't afford it. He's helping me now, which is pretty nice of him. The next couple of months are going to be pretty hard because I can't save money for the life of me so instead i am paying about $400 for the first three months. I have a cross bite and i believe my ortho said a Class III bite or something. :cry:

I went in to my dentist the other day and was going in for a replacement filling and he couldn't get all of the decay and wanted me to get a root canal and crown, total being almost $700. I called my ortho to check and see how this would affect the x-rays and moldings *luckily it doesn't* but he said since i dont have a tooth above it that the bottom one could erupt and be very painful and expensive to repair, he suggested having it removed instead, to which my dentist said would be a good alternative. (he just HATES removing teeth lol)

I go to the ortho on the 22nd to get the brackets and spacers, then the week after i get the wire! *top only* i will have to have a bite plate on the bottom so i don't pop off one of the top brackets....then i'll get braced on the bottom! I'll update with more! Pics to come!
Sheleah
Last edited by lea72104 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.

lea72104

#2 Post by lea72104 »

thanks kiwi! Where did you come up with your name? I don't think my Class III is too bad and the ortho didn't reccomend surgery, yet! He said he may have to later if the teeth don't stablize themselves but that's a case by case thing.

lea72104

#3 Post by lea72104 »

hope this works!

lea72104

#4 Post by lea72104 »

amazing and quick...both things i like to hear! I didn't know that Kiwi was the nickname for people from new zealand, veerrrry interesting lol I'm from Indiana, US and they call us hoosiers....We have a large university here and they're mascot is the hoosier....if you come across that could you link it to me...i'll search around a bit and see! thanks!

lea72104

#5 Post by lea72104 »

So i go friday to get my spacers and brackets. I'm pretty sure that i'm only getting tops for now. *i forget though* I will be getting a bite plate in about a month....i'm getting more nervous as the days go on. I'm also excited but worried because i might be needing a new job here soon and don't know how that's going to affect the monetary situation. Hopefully i'll figure it out soon!

RightMyBite

#6 Post by RightMyBite »

Good luck, Lea! Congrats on starting the journey to get your teeth properly arranged!

And, don't worry, I didn't know what a Kiwi was (other than the fruit) before I moved away from Indianapolis roughly 13 years ago.

chillin-in-grilz

#7 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Wow, I never seen teeth like that b4, i seen some crazy stuff, I thought that I was bad. But good luck!
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

lea72104

#8 Post by lea72104 »

yea, my teeth really aren't that bad. just some things that can be corrected fairly easily with braces. at least i didnt have to get surgery

joney

#9 Post by joney »

Hi Lea

Just wanted to say good luck on Friday. You won't regret it, it is quite amazing what braces can do. Although I still have a way to go my teeth have moved so much it is unbelievable.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

SDFD TSchott

#10 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Its Friday and I thought that I would be amongst teh others and say Goodluck looking forward to hearing more about your story.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lea72104

#11 Post by lea72104 »

Thanks for all the support guys! I had to work right after getting the brackets and spacers yesterday so i didn't have time to update! The spacers weren't too bad until late last night. About 6 hours after i got them in one of them broke! :cry: I went and had it replaced during my lunch so it wasn't too big of a deal. My brackets kinda rub a bit when i talk but when i'm at work i just use the wax and deal with it at home..it's not that bad. They bracketed all but one tooth which goes behind my bottom. That will be done next friday when i get the archwire, bite plate and spacers taken out. I got teal ligs...thought i'd have some fun. I told the assistant that my bf had told me not to get colors cause i'm not twelve and she said that next time i have to get pink and orange! We'll see about that one!.....
Here's some pics...enjoy

lea72104

#12 Post by lea72104 »

Hopefully there is nothin up my nose!

lemonlyme

#13 Post by lemonlyme »

They look great! :) I bet your teeth go right into place quicker than you'll expect..one day when i'm brave i'll post a before picture.. Mine are all lined up now and they were even after like 4 months! It's so exciting in the beginning staring at your teeth :D

lea72104

Finally, the lifelong battle for Lea...Updated 3/30/07

#14 Post by lea72104 »

I'm so excited to finally get these daggon spacers out! they're driving me crazy cause it's reeeally hard to eat with them. Hopefully the braces will be a lot easier....I go here in about an hour to have my last bracket put on, the molar band things, archwire, and bite plate put in.....What color to choose?? Pink and green is what i'm thinking! lol although the assistant suggested pink and orange.... :wink:

I'll post some pics when i get back and i'll probably put them in the lig section as well.....

Lea

jenfire

#15 Post by jenfire »

I think you are going to begin seeing results right away. Improvements in alignment seem to happen rapidly--bite correction has taken longer for me. I look forward to following your journey.

Not to hijack the thread--but am I the only one annoyed by people who respond to others' threads with comments like:
"geez, i thought my teeth looked awful...good luck though." Perhaps they simply do not realize how rude their comments are :?

jenfire
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months