Brace Face from New Zealand - My story with pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brace Face

#16 Post by Brace Face »

Well, I've had my braces on for one month now, and I'm still unable to bite into sandwiches or toast with my front and bottom teeth as they're too sore still. Is this normal? I can chew food with my back teeth fine, but my front teeth are causing a few eating issues. Believe me, I won't starve but I'm dreaming of biting into a nice burger or something similar.

Did anyone else have this issue?

Thanks guys!! :D

Tin Indian

#17 Post by Tin Indian »

:( Sorry to hear it hurts when you bite into things Brace Face.We are all a little bit different in the pain threshold. I would suggest taking 2 ibuprofen or tylenol everytime I thought about eating. It took me a little over 2 months before I could even think of eating a bagel, now its just second thought. Hang in there ,IT WILL get better !
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

lionfish

#18 Post by lionfish »

I think it took me around 6 weeks before I felt comfortable biting into anything. It will happen for you in time.

Brace Face

#19 Post by Brace Face »

Cool, Thanks guys for the info!! Great to know the pain will eventually go away. :-)o

bluette

#20 Post by bluette »

i feel exactly the same B.F. I also can not bite into anythng with my front four, plus like KK said, i hate the idea of getting stuff stuck in the front. My friends made fun of me the other day as i cut toast rather than try to jab it in the side of my mouth. I can feel a senstivity difference though, i know it is getting better! keep up the good attitude!

Brace Face

#21 Post by Brace Face »

Okay, so I had my first adjustment last night and OMG the pain! It hurt the most when they took off and put back on the o-rings.... Let's just say, I was near tears! :cry:

Overall, my ortho was very happy with my progress and removed a couple of wires around 2 brackets on my bottom teeth and replaced with, I think she called a link. I will have to get some more pics up here, as I tell ya, my teeth have become fairly straight! My front two teeth overlapped a little, but now there is a gap between them! :D So happy!

Overall, the pain isn't too bad at the moment, but have taken the usual Panadene every 4 hours due to a dull ache.

Will update with pics soon.

Brace Face

#22 Post by Brace Face »

Okay, I have been abit slack, but here are some updated pics as of 11th February. I have had my braces on for just over 2 months now and the movement is totally amazing!

Before Braces - Early Dec 06

11 Feb 07

Before Braces - Early Dec 06

11 Feb 07

I'm really pleased with the progress!! :D I even have a little gap now in my front teeth! As you can see, they use to cross over abit. Yipeee

tulip

#23 Post by tulip »

That is STUNNING progress!!! GREAT changes!!! When I saw you pre-braces photos, your uppers reminded me of what mine were like (overlapping front tooth, and that lateral incisor jutting out). However, you have way overtaken me in your progress!!! Congratulations on that amazing progress.

Brace Face

#24 Post by Brace Face »

Thanks guys for your nice comments! :D

LithpingLitha

#25 Post by LithpingLitha »

Your progress is amazing! :thumbsup:

lynnm

#26 Post by lynnm »

I was just looking at your photos and what can I say, but "Holy Smokes!" That movement is AMAZING!! No wonder your front teeth have been hurting you. ;-) I'd hope the pain would subside as your teeth get used to their new position.

Rebelda

#27 Post by Rebelda »

Your teeth look great!!! You are inspiration to those of us who are still waiting to get braced. Thank you for the lovely pics. :)