Sarah68 got braces!!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sarah68

Sarah68 got braces!!!!!

#1 Post by Sarah68 »

My top brace went on yesterday and it was absolutely fine!!!!! :-#) I was desperate to write about it yesterday, but had a works dinner in the evening and just didn’t get a chance. The bottom brace will follow in 3 weeks. I walked in to the surgery and there was the orthodontist and 2 nurses and I suddenly felt a bit panicky. I honestly thought the brace would be HUGE and I’d look totally metal-mouthed. Instead, I think it looks rather gorgeous! Anyway, I put myself in the chair with my head tilting backwards. I didn’t like that tilting backwards feeling and felt a bit sick :FeelSick: but it settled. The orthodontist asked me if I wanted the top or bottom one put on today and I thought the top one made more sense, for some reason! He put roll things under my top lip, wiped my teeth with something, put on the glue, then the brackets, then put a light on them to set them. It might have been my imagination but I think I felt a slightly weird sensation in my teeth when the light went on :? . Then he got the wire and twisted it into place. I’d already decided on pale pink elastics and on they went. He said he was pleased I’d already decided on the colour as that can add so much time to the process when people can’t decide! This web site really is fab for deciding on colours http://www.bracesonline.com/elastics.html I think I’ll have orange and pink next time. One funny thing happened with my top lip. It dried stuck up and I totally couldn’t shift it down so had to rinse!

My experience with spacers was a little alarming. The orthodontist couldn’t attach the bands to my top molars, as there wasn’t the space so he put in blue spacers and will finish the uppers next time. Inserting spacers is like threading floss between the teeth with little elastics attached and the floss is removed leaving the elastic. Anyway, the spacers went in between the top molars easily enough but the bottom molars were a different story. He broke one piece of “flossâ€