count down 12hrs...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ish

count down 12hrs...

#1 Post by ish »

and i'm eating every crunchy, sugary, hard thing possible!!!

it's 10:30pm and i'm still eating. i have a feeling that i'm not going to feel like eating anything tomorrow. my appointment is at 10:35am and now i'm.... hmmm terrified, excited, nervous, anxious.

once again, 29, grad student, correcting overbite. teeth are straight but i've always wanted to correct my overbite which is mostly noticeable with cheesy grins and my profile view. i finally decided on braces when i saw how great my younger sister's teeth turned out with braces for a similar problem.

i plan on working a regular full day tomorrow (minus the hour or so for the appointment). is this a huge mistake??? i hope i don't feel like crap. i'll be sure to take plenty of ibuprofen.

JN_Woods

#2 Post by JN_Woods »

Ish,

Everything will be fine tomorrow. I had my brackets put on last week and no pain. I'm sure this week when they put my wire and expanders on I'll be in loads of pain. I would suggest taking ibuprofen and probably not let it wear off. Take wax to work with you! My brackets rubbed a nice sore on my cheek the night I got them on, but the wax really helps. If you end up feeling rough, just call off work! Good luck!

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

ish

pics - ish

#3 Post by ish »

thought that i'd post some -before- pics before tomorrow.

front: (looks pretty normal outside of my mid lines being off)

left: (this side is pretty ok minus the overbite problem)

right: (you can see that my right side is really off + overbite; dots mark where they should line up)

top: (x's marked on the teeth that need to be removed later to create room for overbite to be corrected)

bottom: (again, x's on the premolars that need to be removed later)

the ortho didn't say anything about spacers. i keep reading about that from other people's posts but i don't think i'm getting those. guess i'll find out tomorrow. :?

BraceUrself

#4 Post by BraceUrself »

I'm really excited for you-Congrats & good luck Ish!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

ish

2nd day

#5 Post by ish »

well, i just got my brackets on, without the wire. i'll have to wait for my extractions before they put the wire in. my appointment for extractions is in 13 days. getting the brackets was completely painless. nothing to worry about there.

the metal is really doing a number on the inside of my mouth. it's the second day and the inside of my mouth is a little red. nothing major though. i'm just afraid of swallowing them!!!

end of the second day and i lost a bracket while eating! how that happened, i don't know but my top teeth on the right hit the bottom brackets while i chew. my bite on the right side is off. still trying to work out an effective chewing plan. i was happy that i DIDN'T swallow the bracket.

HollyDontSpend

wow

#6 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Wow! You're teeth look great so imagine what they'll look like when your treatment is over!!! whoo-hoo!
As for work, just take some ibuprophen and aleve with you. I had classes until late in the evening after my appointment the day I got braces. I was occupied all day feeling the brackets and wires with my tounge. :D
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

ish

i hate waiting

#7 Post by ish »

well, nothing new really happening. i'm scheduled to get 4 extractions on the 17th and then get my wire on halloween!

my mouth finally got used to the brackets after about a week but on the second day one popped off while i was eating. it took two weeks to finally get in to get the bracket replaced.

while my entire mouth was walking on sunshine, the replaced bracket (molar) has since dug a hole in my cheek. uggh.. that hurts. it's been two weeks since it's been replaced and it's still giving me trouble. ora brace works well to numb the area. unfortunately it will also numb the part of your tongue that rubs that side.

i now notice that i have some reflexive biting while sleeping!! needless to say, both cheeks are often terrorized through out the night. maybe thinking about those plastic covers.

anyway, thanks for the well wishes guys.
:D

ish

3 days till extractions

#8 Post by ish »

well, now i don't even notice my brackets! yay!!!

i forget that i even have them on. and just when you start to get comfortable.....

i'm scheduled for extractions on monday, yikes! a little nervous but i'll be asleep - thank God. i'm hoping since they'll remove premolars instead of wisdom teeth that it won't be such a big deal.

anyway, just thought that i'd post a pic of my brackets. i'll post another after extractions.

it kinda feels like i'm going to be loosing an appendage given that these are healthy teeth i'll be losing. :(

ish