MadeIn1984's Adventure! - 14 Months, 2 Weeks (pix on pg. 3!)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MadeIn1984

#31 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Some 1-year present that was! :lol:

I wince at the thought of having to have those things inside my mouth 23 1/2 hours a day!

Thanks for the responding to my inquiries, KK. :wink:
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

jennielee81

#32 Post by jennielee81 »

I got mine (elastics) at about 11 months.

Still have them at 16 months and will have them probably until the end....whenever that is!!

You get used to them, but you never like it. :wink: Your teeth feel more normal with the elastics in than with them out.

Your teeth are looking GREAT, by the way, love the red ligs!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

MadeIn1984

#33 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Awww, thanks so much for the kind words, jennielee81! It's good to know that all this money and time is really making a difference! I'm very pleased with how my teeth have turned out so far.

Wow, 16 months...I'm sure you're ready to have them removed! One of the kids I take care of told me to get red ligs for my last adjustment...and I did! :lol: I like'em. ;)

Thanks again!

MadeIn1984

14 Months, 2 Weeks!

#34 Post by MadeIn1984 »

***UPDATE 10/6/06***

Hey, all! =]

Alright, so I've got some news!! But first, here's a latest progress pic of my upper arch!

So far, everything's gone super well with my upper arch. They've not changed the archwire for the last 3 or 4 adjustments, but everything is where it should be!

Now, as far as the bottom arch is concerned, my ortho was a bit concerned at my last appointment that my bottom teeth were lagging behind in the progress department. He suggested trying out a new type of brace, the "In-Ovation Brace" type. So, 2 weeks after the previous adjusement I went back to the office to get my bottom braces changed!

Let me tell you...it was a weird experience! They used these sort of clippers that looked somewhat like pliers to get the brackets off! There was definitely some pressure when the assistant was taking them off...but not as bad as I thought it would be. After that, she had to scrape the glue off my teeth -- that was rather unpleasant! I was told to brush and floss afterward and I saw my bracketless bottom teeth in the mirror -- THEY LOOKED SO BIG WITHOUT THE BRACKETS!!! I had no idea they'd look like that! But I also noticed they already looked so much better than when I first went in. I can only imagine how they'll look at the end of treatment!

Anyway, here's an update pic of the bottoms that I took earlier this morning:

So, those are the In-Ovation braces! They're slightly smaller than traditional metal brackets and are "self-ligating", eliminating the use of ligatures. They also maintain their "moving power" throughout treatment, unlike traditional metal braces, whose moving power steadily declines, since the ligatures which transfer the pressure from the archwire to the brackets to the teeth steadily lose their effectiveness over time, hence why they must be changed every so often.

Well, that's about it for now! I can definitely feel the new pressure created by these In-Ovation braces. It almost feels like when I first got my braces in the first place -- a bit unpleasant, but I popped in a few Bayer, so I'm sure I'll be fine soon enough.

Alright, thanks for dropping by! I'll be updating as more changes occur! ^_^

KJNELLAMORE

#35 Post by KJNELLAMORE »

Looking Great! 8)

MadeIn1984

#36 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Ooooo, I'm really feeling the pressure this evening! lol

I'm having oatmeal for dinner! :lol:

MadeIn1984

#37 Post by MadeIn1984 »

I agree, linda21! I'm so glad my ortho gave me a choice and I think it was good one - I can already see small gaps opening up and space being created among my still-crowded bottoms!

Thanks for the compliment! :D I like my teeth, too! :D

Sweet L

#38 Post by Sweet L »

WOW! :banana: Your theeth are looking GOOOD :shock:
I'm glad you have such a great ortho...
Take care

juf_84

#39 Post by juf_84 »

Hi 1984!

I'm loving my self-ligating brackets too but I do wish I had some colour to brighten it up! Oh well, they're working for me so I'm happy :-)

Don't worry too much about elastics- I've had them since day 1 and they feel like a normal part of my mouth.

Here's to more progress!

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

MadeIn1984

#40 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Thanks for the support, everyone. Your words always elate me! :wink:

Hmmm, so, I was having dinner tonight (chicken soup) and I noticed something: I think my bite is changing. It felt "different" when I was chewing on my chicken. Like, I could feel teeth touching each other in not quite the same places when I bit down. I didn't think it would change so quickly.

I'm just wondering if anyone could feel such bite changes only a few days after their latest adjustment. :)

Anyway, it's exciting nonetheless! :D I know these new In-Ovation braces are doing their job! :wink:

MadeIn1984

#41 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Just a mini update. ;)

So far, everything's been going well with my braces! The initial soreness from my very last adjustment subsided within a few days. I can now eat solids again without problems! Haha. =]

I'm so happy -- Halloween is drawing near -- since this is my favorite time of year. The air has definitely been feeling chillier. It's starting to really feel like the fall!

I do plan on going out with friends and dressing up for Halloween! We plan on going to several parties this Halloween. We've also all decided to match this year, too! Our theme is "fallen angels". lol This weekend I'll be purchasing my wings (black)!

Oh, I can't wait! :D

That's it for now. ;)

chillin-in-grilz

wow

#42 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Your bottoms are changing greatly
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007