caringiscreepy's braces story (with pics)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

caringiscreepy

caringiscreepy's braces story (with pics)

#1 Post by caringiscreepy »

Well I'll start with some background - I'm 18 at the moment but have wanted braces for aslong as I could remember, my best friend got them in primary school and ever since then I begged my dentist to let me get braces because I'd always hated my crooked teeth. Unfortunatley though my dentist always said my teeth were too weak and braces would pull holes in them.
Fast forward to when I'm about 17, I'm now in college and a media student which means I'm on camera alot and my horrible teeth were always making me cringe. I started seeing a new dentist and on my very first visit she told me she was going to refer me to an orthodontist. I felt lied to by my old dentist but woohoo I was finally straightening out my teeth.
Anyway thats the story :D here's the pictures:

BEFORE (very blurry, sorry):

FIRST DAY IN BRACES:

TODAY (a month and 10 days later):

Braces on: 13th July 2005
Estimated Treatment Time: 18 months

BrandiJeane

#2 Post by BrandiJeane »

Lookin good!:D
Brandi- 20

Started my braces journey 5/05!

LisaH

#3 Post by LisaH »

Super results already!!! Very excited for you. Hope to see more pic's as you go on! Lisa :jump:

invisagirl

#4 Post by invisagirl »

Wow the changes are absolutely awesome!!! :D

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

icantsmilewithoutu

#5 Post by icantsmilewithoutu »

hey that's good progress! :)

caringiscreepy

#6 Post by caringiscreepy »

Thankyou all for replying :D I'm very pleased with my results already, I can't stop smiling or staring at my teeth in the mirror haha. I'm getting lower braces on wednesday so I'll keep posting my progress.

braceface1230

#7 Post by braceface1230 »

caringiscreepy (I take it you're a Shins fan and quite possible a Garden State fan also), you're tops are already starting to look better. Very nice! Keep the progress reports coming.

caringiscreepy

#8 Post by caringiscreepy »

Well neither really, it's the only song I like by The Shins :D I heard it from Garden State though, my boyfriend is a fan.

I haven't got much of an update from last time but I got my first adjustment so I thought I'd post a quick comparison.

decisionmade

#9 Post by decisionmade »

all I can say is WOW!! you look great!
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

caryca

#10 Post by caryca »

exactly WOW!!!!

i cannot belive ....i'm so happy for you thery are like TGV :lol: - a speed train in france :wink:
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

braceface1230

#11 Post by braceface1230 »

I wish I could say that my results are going that well. Looking awesome!

BraceUrself

#12 Post by BraceUrself »

:shock: :shock: :shock: OH MY GOSH! All I can say is WOW too! I am so excited for you & even more excited to see future progress! Congrats! You have to be thrilled to see such great progress in so little time! YAY!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

bbsadmin

#13 Post by bbsadmin »

Isn't it neat to see your crooked teeth finally look straight after all those years? I remember going through a period of time -- when they first got rather straight -- I'd look in the mirror and feel like "somebody else's nice teeth" were smiling back at me. 8)
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Dodger(UK)

#14 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Yes, it almost take you awhile to get used to having straight teeth again, because they look, feel and function completely different to how they were before. Your making excellent progress, caringiscreepy. Hopefully you will continue to do so ;)