Annetts Story with pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Annette

Annetts Story with pics

#1 Post by Annette »

Hi Everyone! :-1

I've been with my braces for 12 days now and thought I'd post my story from the day I got my braces till now as I know it may be encouraging to those who have just started to wear braces or those who are contemplating getting braces but are being hesitant to take the plunge.

Already there is a significant improvement. It's great! I love these braces now. :jump:

I'm Annette, and Im a 23 year old Forensic Science degree student currently living in London, England.

I'm also a singer/songwriter/composer :singing: so as I got older, the more I became conscious of my teeth, hence making me feel very self conscious when I sang.
I didnt really like smiling either due to my protruding teeth.

So, I took the plunge and did something about it.

I only went to one consultation as all the orthodontists in my area were quoting the same prices: £2500 to £3000. Also, the initial consultation was expensive and I liked the orthodontist and staff there.

A few days later, I went back for X-rays, and a few days after that I got my quote: £2950 (trust it to be in the higher end of the estimate) and treatment time. I was told I would need four teeth out before any treatment would take place however.

So, I got my upper and lower first premolars removed on the 23rd of July.
:-((

I hadn't really thought very long about getting my extractions. As soon as I could afford to get braces, I went to the consultation and less than three weeks later my teeth were out.
Obviously after that I couldn't then decide I didn't want braces anymore. :shock:
I guess that shows how much I wanted to sort my teeth out.

I'm hoping 18 months for treatment is accurate so that I won't still be wearing my braces in my graduation photo in a couple of years. :-88

I'll then be wearing night time retainers for two years minimum.

So on with the pictures then!
:HugeGrin:

This is me and my cheesy :D grin on the day of my extractions! (I wasn't grining like this after my extractions, I can tell you :soremouth: :paperbag: )

From the side it can be seen why I need braces. :huh: :yikes:

And this is me three days later on the 26th of July a couple of hours after I got my new Damon 3's on.
Me, being clumsy had bitten my lip somehow when my mouth was still numb from the anesthetic so I have a horrible ulcer on my lip.

1st day in braces (above and below)

12th day in braces

I'm pleased with the movement so far. Hope it carries on this way!
I'm no longer feeling like, :ouch: but more like :pinkbraces: . Theres not much pain now and I'm starting to chew soft things rather than choking from swallowing bits of food whole. :lol:

I'll keep everyone updated now and again!

Good luck everyone! :-1
BRACED ON 26/07/05 WITH DAMON 3's FOR 18 MONTHS

Clo

#2 Post by Clo »

Hi Annette,

your post was read many times, but not one did post.
Probably has all to do with the holidays ...
Anyway, let me first welcome you to our 'club'.
Congratulations on starting your treatment and
thanks for sharing this with us through this very nice post you made.
I am certain that you will get an awesome smile very soon.
Best of luck !

LisaH

#3 Post by LisaH »

Hi Annette,

Thank you for sharing! Great pic's, you can really see the movement already. I look forward to reading your future posts.

:computer: