braces and face changes

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tillybrace

braces and face changes

#1 Post by tillybrace »

has anyone experienced an odd moment, where they look at their before braces picture and a picture during braces and sort of struggled to recognize themselves in the new photos? i know its mainly in my head, but i sort of feel like, i like a different person and its odd. I also know this is how i was meant to look along,but it still an odd feeling to have.

tmjd

Re: braces and face changes

#2 Post by tmjd »

Yeap. Same feeling here. I recently needed photos for a webinar I was giving, and I was unsure which photo to use, the one with braces or the one from a month ago. I ended not putting a photo at all, as I can't recognize myself in either one. I am in my 6th week in braces, and slowly I am becoming aware that this is my face for the next 17 or so months, so next webinar I'll include a photo of myself in braces and let the people know I am fixing my bite ;-D

buffon85

#3 Post by buffon85 »

no. its me with braces

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

assertives

#4 Post by assertives »

Personally, I haven't noticed a difference, but a couple of my coworkers have commented how my face looks sharper now where I previously have a round face. :lol:

Steph30

#5 Post by Steph30 »

All I notice is I have an actual smile!, more confident now with my braces than before. Cant wait to see the after!!

khalidfa1sal

#6 Post by khalidfa1sal »

Lol yes especially my temples they are thin now and my forehead is also thin and has lines on it which i never had before..

I posted a thread about this. my Dr. Also Made my lower teeth more prominent for now it looks ugly I talked to him about this and he said my teeth will be pushed backward more in the end result.. so I don't have to worry about this...

And I also have lines around my mouth now and I feel like my mid face is sunken now Idk how no one thinks I look diff or anything. Even when I talked with my family about it they said I look the same..

Recently I changed my hair style to cover my forehead lol I look silly but at least better than the skeleton look..

khalidfa1sal

#7 Post by khalidfa1sal »

I would also like to add that the space between my nose and lips Is longer now.

bracesat41

#8 Post by bracesat41 »

I had quite a round face before and it is making my face look thinner.. so I'm happy with the changes.

zygfryd

#9 Post by zygfryd »

Reading all this, I cannot wait to have mine! I'm getting metal braces in almost 2 weeks time.

Lovespain5

#10 Post by Lovespain5 »

I have a stronger jawline after the treatment. And yes, I used barely to recognize myself, above all in side profile as I received treatment with my 4 first premolars extracted. My soft tissues changed so much, in a good way.
:?:-#):mrgreen: