what do i do need help and advice

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

khalidfa1sal

what do i do need help and advice

#1 Post by khalidfa1sal »

so 5 months ago i had my braces on my mouth was prominent i want it to be pushed in a little so my profile will be way better .. the dr said he can do this no facial changes will occur i am in the 4th treatment and now i look way older like 10 years older in just 5 months i have thin face saggy cheeks and the space between my upper lips and nose is longer i hate how i look now

am not sure if this is caused by the extraction!! i think it was caused by my teeth movement.. now i don't know what to do if i continue the space will be longer between upper lip and nose and cheeks will get more saggy.. the doctor doesn't listen and he says it's all in your head?

what i am going to do now it taking them off i heard teeth might return to its original position if i don't wear retainers so hopefully my face will return to how it was before

any advice ?

sorry if my English was bad and sorry if this is not the right place to post this

silverr11

Re: what do i do need help and advice

#2 Post by silverr11 »

i have the same problem! absolutely hate the changes that occurred to my face, but im sure others will not notice it as much as we do! dont take it off nor neglect your retainer, youll have yourself a beautiful smile and youll eventually get used to these changes.
i can see that you are a guy from your name, how about growing a mustache and a beard, im sure that will cover the spaces you hate nicely :)

khalidfa1sal

#3 Post by khalidfa1sal »

[quote="silverr11"]i have the same problem! absolutely hate the changes that occurred to my face, but im sure others will not notice it as much as we do! dont take it off nor neglect your retainer, youll have yourself a beautiful smile and youll eventually get used to these changes.
i can see that you are a guy from your name, how about growing a mustache and a beard, im sure that will cover the spaces you hate nicely :)[/quote]

Well beard makes you even look older haha but I guess I will grow it soon.. but I don't see the point of having straight teeth if your face will be werked haha.. hmmm let's just pray this is timed and my face will fill again my sister told me when she had braces he face was thin but she mentioned she lost weight.. which is weird I actually gained weight :crazy:

khalidfa1sal

#4 Post by khalidfa1sal »

guys do i begin extraction reversal? or should i keep going with the treatment i am afraid things will get even worse?? any suggestions or ideas? i had my 5th treatment last week so it might not be too late for me

silverr11

#5 Post by silverr11 »

how old are you? did your wisdom teeth come out?

khalidfa1sal

#6 Post by khalidfa1sal »

[quote="silverr11"]how old are you? did your wisdom teeth come out?[/quote]

I am 24

khalidfa1sal

#7 Post by khalidfa1sal »

[quote="silverr11"]how old are you? did your wisdom teeth come out?[/quote]

I never had wisdom teeth

silverr11

#8 Post by silverr11 »

hurray so you have four more teeth coming up :D
dont worry about it, itll all work out in the end, just stick to your treatment.
hopefully, youll be happy with the results after all :)

khalidfa1sal

#9 Post by khalidfa1sal »

[quote="silverr11"]hurray so you have four more teeth coming up :D
dont worry about it, itll all work out in the end, just stick to your treatment.
hopefully, youll be happy with the results after all :)[/quote]

So I found some before pic and my face is now way flatter.. this is just bad he never said these things would happen... I am not going to continue the treatment I will try to find someone to reverse this mess

silverr11

#10 Post by silverr11 »

hmm well its your choice after all, but try to get more opinions from different orthos and see what they have to say.

khalidfa1sal

#11 Post by khalidfa1sal »

[quote="silverr11"]hmm well its your choice after all, but try to get more opinions from different orthos and see what they have to say.[/quote]

I will do that and see how things go.. I will update this post every now and then

silverr11

#12 Post by silverr11 »

Goodluck :D

khalidfa1sal

#13 Post by khalidfa1sal »

Ok so I decided to go on with it now I have 6 treatments left.. so scared but I can't wait to get the braces off of my face.. :huh: I feel like I hate them now I just wish I never had them when I look in the mirror and see them I hate them ever more.. they caused all the sunken cheeks and sunken temples affect on my face :lol:

Even if my face didn't return back to normal I just want to warn people of this. Braces can change your face to the worse

So today I changed my hairstyle to cover my forehead :-* I look silly or maybe I look better Idk I used to style it up but now after the sunken temples I just feel ahhh like this forhead should be covered.. :thumbsup: .

I also want to share this before I never get called ugly I don't remember anyone calling me ugly.. some people found me cute before.. I get some compliments from a time to a time.. but recently one of my friends which used to hit on me (he is gay) i am straight he called me ugly which was weird he always gives me compliments.. I immediately thought of the braces :lol: damn it

Bebamel2

#14 Post by Bebamel2 »

[quote="khalidfa1sal"]Ok so I decided to go on with it now I have 6 treatments left.. so scared but I can't wait to get the braces off of my face.. :huh: I feel like I hate them now I just wish I never had them when I look in the mirror and see them I hate them ever more.. they caused all the sunken cheeks and sunken temples affect on my face :lol:

Even if my face didn't return back to normal I just want to warn people of this. Braces can change your face to the worse

So today I changed my hairstyle to cover my forehead :-* I look silly or maybe I look better Idk I used to style it up but now after the sunken temples I just feel ahhh like this forhead should be covered.. :thumbsup: .

I also want to share this before I never get called ugly I don't remember anyone calling me ugly.. some people found me cute before.. I get some compliments from a time to a time.. but recently one of my friends which used to hit on me (he is gay) i am straight he called me ugly which was weird he always gives me compliments.. I immediately thought of the braces :lol: damn it[/quote]

Hey there,
I totally feel you, same thing happened to me, 4 premolar extractions and slowly noticing changes that i dont like.
I recommend you find a good ( a seriously good!) orthodontist, maybe he can expand the arch / reopen the spaces, or whatever. But make sure to find someone who truly believes what you are saying because many orthodontists wont.
I am soon starting a "reversal" treatment; hope you'll find a way to deal with this !!
Good luck!

Kidolize

#15 Post by Kidolize »

[quote="khalidfa1sal"]Ok so I decided to go on with it now I have 6 treatments left.. so scared but I can't wait to get the braces off of my face.. :huh: I feel like I hate them now I just wish I never had them when I look in the mirror and see them I hate them ever more.. they caused all the sunken cheeks and sunken temples affect on my face :lol:

I also want to share this before I never get called ugly I don't remember anyone calling me ugly.. some people found me cute before.. I get some compliments from a time to a time.. but recently one of my friends which used to hit on me (he is gay) i am straight he called me ugly which was weird he always gives me compliments.. I immediately thought of the braces :lol: damn it[/quote]

Hi! Have the same issue.. may i know if there’s any changes? For better?