Carriere Distalizer and ceramic braces at 28

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lindz74

Carriere Distalizer and ceramic braces at 28

#1 Postby lindz74 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Hello! I'm going through my first round of orthodontic work and it's been interesting. I have significant crowding on both the top and bottom, as well as a fairly deep overbite. My ortho has suggested the Carriere Distalizer to help with my overbite since neither surgery or extractions sound like something I want to go through. I'm looking forward to hearing about other peoples' experiences with this appliance since I never really heard of it before this. I'm *hoping* to only have it on for three months, but since I'm older it could be longer.

I got this on about a week ago and the pain hasn't been too bad. It mostly subsided in the last couple of days, only with a little bit of sensitivity if I'm trying to chew something a bit tougher. I actually don't mind the metal rods or the elastics, but I have to wear an Essix retainer on my bottom teeth 24/7 and it's really irritating. Has anyone else needed to wear this along with the CD? How did you cope? It's driving me nuts!

lindz74

Re: Carriere Distalizer and ceramic braces at 28

#2 Postby lindz74 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:21 pm

I've always clenched my teeth when I sleep but I noticed that's it's been particularly bad since I've been wearing the retainer. As in, I wake up in the middle of the night with some really sore teeth. I took to wearing a small rubber bite guard because I have no other options. What a pain!

lindz74

#3 Postby lindz74 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:10 pm

I just had my one month appointment with the ortho and she seemed surprised that my teeth have moved so much. She asked three times whether I was doubling up my elastics (I'm not!). This appointment was originally supposed to end with them having me double my elastics, but they said to stay with just the one on either side. I guess because they're moving so well already? Either way, yay!

Falfol

#4 Postby Falfol » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:45 pm

I am also going through this atm :cry:

What strength elastics did you start with?

Return to “Our Braces Stories”