Carriere Motion and Braces as an Adult

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracedengineer

Carriere Motion and Braces as an Adult

#1 Post by bracedengineer »

Hey Guys!

I've been looking at all of the posts and info on the site for a little bit while I've been doing some decision-making. My boyfriend and parents all say that they don't think that I need braces, but this is for me, not them. So I decided to go ahead with braces (Yikes! Super nervous) after reading through so much of the info available. I've decided to post my braces story because there just isn't much information out there on the Carriere Motion.

So the orthodontist that I chose has my total time of completion at ~24 months. I will be in the Carriere Motion for 3-6 months (depending on if I stick with my bands well or not it seems) and then on to full braces. I'm getting super freaked out because I'm supposed to be getting the appliance on next Tuesday! I've read a couple of stories on here though where the teeth were over extruded because of the appliance. That's got me a little worried, so I'm going to talk to the ortho about it again before everything is placed.

I'll keep you all updated on the status of my teeth! :D Wish me luck next week.

r1r1r12000

Re: Carriere Motion and Braces as an Adult

#2 Post by r1r1r12000 »

Good luck, bracedengineer!

Getting started is daunting, but watching your teeth start to line up is exciting!

noodles

#3 Post by noodles »

Congrats on making the decision :) It was similar with me, nobody thought I needed braces and it took me so much time to figure that *I* wanted them :) What's the Carriere Motion supposed to do? I thought I'd researched all appliances there are (out of curiosity, cause I depleted the resources on my own appliance rather quickly) but somehow I've missed this one. Anyways, good luck next week and do not worry :)

bracedengineer

#4 Post by bracedengineer »

[quote="r1r1r12000"]Good luck, bracedengineer!

Getting started is daunting, but watching your teeth start to line up is exciting![/quote]

Thank you! I am super nervous, so I hope you're right about it getting exciting after we get started. :D

bracedengineer

#5 Post by bracedengineer »

[quote="noodles"]Congrats on making the decision :) It was similar with me, nobody thought I needed braces and it took me so much time to figure that *I* wanted them :) What's the Carriere Motion supposed to do? I thought I'd researched all appliances there are (out of curiosity, cause I depleted the resources on my own appliance rather quickly) but somehow I've missed this one. Anyways, good luck next week and do not worry :)[/quote]

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! My weekends are crazy all the time. :)
So I'm still not up with all of the teeth lingo, but I'll give you how I understand it. Basically I have what the ortho called an 'overjet' (sounds bad huh?) which is really just a kind of overbite. I'll post pics once I'm allowed. And I also have crowding on the top and bottom (front only, the teeth in the back are super close though so it's really hard to floss). The Carriere Motion can help to make a Class II or III into a Class I without extractions. It looks kinda like a little bar that attaches to the canine and premolar or molar depending what you need on top (I think those are the names, if you need them on both sides it pretty much ends up that the front 4 are not impacted.) And then there's an attachment to a lower molar. Then there's a band that goes from the canine to the lower molar so all of the top teeth between the appliance are pulled back at the same time. That creates a space between the back teeth and front teeth. Then the front 4 have space to move into and it corrects the overjet. That's how I understand it anyway. Hopefully it all works out that way. :) Here's a video if you want to see how it's supposed to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLx7-k0Zjm8.

I'll keep you all updated on how everything goes!