Late to the party, dude in braces at 28

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

throne

Late to the party, dude in braces at 28

#1 Post by throne »

Hey all!

I've a few months into treatment, but I thought I'd swing by and share my experiences! Wish I had found this group months ago, so I'm happy to be a part of the club. Long story short, I wore braces throughout high school, instantly lost my retainer and my teeth relapsed but somehow got worse due to my wisdom teeth. I haven't been happy with my teeth and have since all but stopped smiling in photos.

I got a new job about 8 months ago with AWESOME insurance, so after hunting for the right orthodontist (one that didn't do extractions), I decided to take the plunge 4 months ago! I have top and bottom metal braces, which took some adjusting to --
both the pain and visual aspect, but I'm glad I did it! People compliment them all they time and say they suit me... still deciding if that's a compliment or not! :lol: It is really incredible watch my teeth transform into something I am happy with again.

My orthodontist said my progress is a bit slower than he had hoped, but I just got a pretty painful adjustment today, new wire and something called powerchains, so hopefully this will put me on schedule. Slated to be in braces for 24 months. Wish me luck! :tingrin:

BlondeCam

Re: Late to the party, dude in braces at 28

#2 Post by BlondeCam »

Best of luck!!!! I would take it as a compliment! I've had that said a couple of times. Makes me chuckle. One guy told me the braces take off 15 years! I think it's because I'm proud of my new super straight teeth and am s born smiler anyway. Good luck friend. We re-treats are a slightly different breed. Had them straight then messed it up in our youthful defiance! Now paying for it ourselves. Gives a different appreciation of the process.