Not happy with braces - nearing end of treatment

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chxsing

Not happy with braces - nearing end of treatment

#1 Post by Chxsing »

i can clearly remember the day i got braces. i am 2 days away from having a full year of braces, actually FASTBRACES. My teeth previously were quite decently straight - not perfect but pretty straight. My bottom teeth were pretty well aligned but weirdly shaped with my canines quite high. My two front teeth weren't straight together as one of the tooths were sticking slightly outwards - and from there it got worse and worse which made me get braces.

Im planning to get my braces taken off in August or September and im honestly not happy with it. I wish i got traditional braces and had the consultation consideration getting teeth pulled out. I Have gotten IPR done numerous times and my teeth are still not as good as I expected them to be. My bottom teeth are going to be shaved aswell - but right now for the 3rd to last month of braces, its really concerning me. What do i do!? :(

Here is what it looks like rn:
[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/2gsjz10.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/ety2hx.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/15mgwg8.jpg[/IMG]

any thoughts? :(

atrixa

Re: Not happy with braces - nearing end of treatment

#3 Post by atrixa »

Ok firstly, have you spoken to your orthodontist (or dentist, considering this is a Fastbraces treatment)? I can see why you're unhappy- your teeth do look quite uneven considering you're so close to the end. If you have any concerns at all, make sure you let them know before they threaten you with the removal of your braces so they can sort it out.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Chxsing

#4 Post by Chxsing »

yep i have, numerous time of the issues. maybe im listing too many, but i have repeated whats wrong so many times i hope its stuck in his head... i realise that he takes action to my issues very slowly - and recently hes been trying to force me to pay off the braces as quick as possible when im not even near 90% satisfied.. ive informed him so many times and now i wish i had another orthodontist. fml

FlyByNight

#5 Post by FlyByNight »

I've been there man. I got my braces off in August of last year. I had IPR done on my lower 4 incisors but they just didn't look right to me. Not only the incisors but the canines. They shaved them down to help my bite, which is near perfect now, but I think they grinded a little too much down. You can see what I'm talking about here:
http://a65.tinypic.com/2je7901.jpg

I learned one thing when trying to convince orthos. If they do fix something, another problem will show up. This happened many times near the end of my treatment so I left it. Be firm with your orthodontist. I don't see much flaring which tells me your issue with not getting extractions is very minor. I know it's not perfect. I can see what you're talking about on the lowers. I would be upset too. They can grind those flat, the only thing is they might become quite low. Before you make any decisions, make sure they won't cause anymore issues. I would see if your ortho could bring down the left upper central incisor to the same level as the right.

eefer

#6 Post by eefer »

I have had braces six times in my long life (66yrs) for skeletal defects. It has been my experience that people will only hear what they truly want to hear. Hold on to half the money until you get results.

eefer

#7 Post by eefer »

And one more thing...be careful when choosing to have teeth ground down. You can't get back what is removed. I would never let anyone grind my teeth. Unless you have a lot of decay, there is NO VALID REASON to grind them. You can always find another ortho and have them fixed the right way!