My Innovation journey, age 25

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

str8k8

My Innovation journey, age 25

#1 Post by str8k8 »

Hey guys,

I've had my braces now for 7 weeks (and counting) and we've had our ups and downs

The first few weeks were quite literally a pain. I've now (luckily) reached the stage where they don't really hurt anymore :D but this feeling seems to be joined by the feeling of being SO TOTALLY OVER IT!! :evil:
So I figured there's no better time to start my braces story to get a wee bit of encouragement from the lovely Archwired community.

I have Innovation-C on top. I will be getting Innovation-R (I think) on the bottom next month.

Pics to follow after this, my 7th post :wink: :wink: :wink:

str8k8

Before braces

#2 Post by str8k8 »

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/1152/fSHfrF.jpg

(unsure if this is the best way to upload)

str8k8

After 6 week adjustment

#3 Post by str8k8 »

erin5550

Re: After 6 week adjustment

#4 Post by erin5550 »

strinder

Re: My Innovation journey, age 25

#5 Post by strinder »

They look great! I'm not sure what the difference is but I got ice braces fitted today and they look pretty similar to yours :) how have you found them?

str8k8

#6 Post by str8k8 »

strinder wrote:They look great! I'm not sure what the difference is but I got ice braces fitted today and they look pretty similar to yours :) how have you found them?
Yer i think ice brackets are pretty similar!

Theyve been pretty good so far! Im definitely happy that i wwnt with ceramic over metal. I'm on the second wire now and can barely feel that theyre there. Although i didnt eat with my front teeth for maybe 6 weels because it felt so strange haha.

How are you finding it on day 2?

nybizzle

Re: After 6 week adjustment

#7 Post by nybizzle »

[quote="str8k8"]http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7602/C3PMTx.jpg[/quote]

Wow! Big changes in just 7 weeks! Do you have ceramic on the bottom too?

strinder

Re:

#8 Post by strinder »

[quote="str8k8"][quote="strinder"]They look great! I'm not sure what the difference is but I got ice braces fitted today and they look pretty similar to yours :) how have you found them?[/quote]

Yer i think ice brackets are pretty similar!

Theyve been pretty good so far! Im definitely happy that i wwnt with ceramic over metal. I'm on the second wire now and can barely feel that theyre there. Although i didnt eat with my front teeth for maybe 6 weels because it felt so strange haha.

How are you finding it on day 2?[/quote]

I'm really pleased I went for the clear ones over metal, I can't even begin to think how different I would look with metal ones. Also I'm pleased at how much I'm getting used to them and they feel weird is after I brush my teeth.

However my teeth are hurting so much! I only have one tooth that isn't hurting so I had to use only that tooth to eat my dinner this evening. I even went out today to buy some extra painkillers! What was your experience?

str8k8

#9 Post by str8k8 »

nybizzle wrote: Wow! Big changes in just 7 weeks! Do you have ceramic on the bottom too?
Thank you for your encouraging words :D :D :D
I only have the top braces on so far! But il be getting metal on the bottom in 3 weeks.

str8k8

#10 Post by str8k8 »

strinder wrote: I'm really pleased I went for the clear ones over metal, I can't even begin to think how different I would look with metal ones. Also I'm pleased at how much I'm getting used to them and they feel weird is after I brush my teeth.

However my teeth are hurting so much! I only have one tooth that isn't hurting so I had to use only that tooth to eat my dinner this evening. I even went out today to buy some extra painkillers! What was your experience?
Ah the first week or so were difficult at meal times. I learnt to love soup! My back molars on each side aren't bracketed and i definitely remember just having to use those teeth to eat with. I also remember the day when a dairylea cheese triangle was too hard. But that will quickly get better so dont you worry!! They are distant memories for me now!

...Until i get my bottom braces next month! I don't know how it would be with both top and bottom braced at the same time. Did you get both? Or just top?

KellyGreen

#11 Post by KellyGreen »

Wow, you and I have very similar "before" teeth (with the titled top incisors). I'm definitely going to be following your story! How long are you in for? It has been 1 week for me so far. 12-18 months to go, lol!

A lot of people mention more pain after the first wire change. You didn't experience that? What are your goals?

I posted a story, but it won't let me upload pics. :(

str8k8

#12 Post by str8k8 »

KellyGreen wrote:Wow, you and I have very similar "before" teeth (with the titled top incisors). I'm definitely going to be following your story! How long are you in for? It has been 1 week for me so far. 12-18 months to go, lol!

A lot of people mention more pain after the first wire change. You didn't experience that? What are your goals?

Ahh i will keep an eye out for your story and pics too...I think you will be allowed to post pics after 7 posts!?

So im alnost at 8 weeks now, out of a total estimated 18 months.

I was expecting a few sore days after the first adjustment but i had very little pain...It just felt very tight for the first day or two afterwards. And tbh i havent noticed any more movement since either...Although its only been two weeks. I need more patience haha. I remember seeing pretty awesome results at around 3 weeks with the first wire.

Im sooooo looking forward to a straighter and wider smile!!

KellyGreen

Re:

#13 Post by KellyGreen »

str8k8 wrote:
KellyGreen wrote:Wow, you and I have very similar "before" teeth (with the titled top incisors). I'm definitely going to be following your story! How long are you in for? It has been 1 week for me so far. 12-18 months to go, lol!

Ahh i will keep an eye out for your story and pics too...I think you will be allowed to post pics after 7 posts!?

So im alnost at 8 weeks now, out of a total estimated 18 months.

I was expecting a few sore days after the first adjustment but i had very little pain...It just felt very tight for the first day or two afterwards. And tbh i havent noticed any more movement since either...Although its only been two weeks. I need more patience haha. I remember seeing pretty awesome results at around 3 weeks with the first wire.

Im sooooo looking forward to a straighter and wider smile!!
Did your ortho indicate how wide he could get your arch?

My ortho was vague. His family actually invented the Damon braces so I just assumed he knows how to make the most of them even though I gained significant knowledge about braces before I went in. I need to ask next time.

I wonder if I can bookmark your thread.

str8k8

#14 Post by str8k8 »

KellyGreen wrote: Did your ortho indicate how wide he could get your arch?
No, I still haven't asked that question. I think I'm slowly seeing my smile widen. Although I could just be imagining that haha. I guess if/when my ortho attached brackets to my final molars it will widen.

Do you have brackets on all of your teeth? My last molar on each side is currently unbracketed.

claribeary

#15 Post by claribeary »

Your progress after 7 weeks is amazing! :D They make me excited. I just got my braces on last night and I can't wait to see some form of noticeable change. :jump:

My last molars are unbracketed as well - a total of 4 of them. :)