They're going on in two days!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

strinder

They're going on in two days!

#1 Post by strinder »

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. (I can't believe how much of a help this forum has already been reading everyone's posts!)

I'm 24 and I'm due to get my braces fitted in 2 days and I'm excited and nervous in equal measure! I can't believe it's finally come around and I keep rubbing my teeth with my tongue thinking that I'm not going to be feeling that for the next 2 years...or ever again because once they come off my teeth will have moved and feel different as well.

I've got an impacted canine so I'm going to be having a procedure to fix that and then I've got some spacing on all my teeth other than my top front teeth.

So yeah, HI! :D

nybizzle

Re: They're going on in two days!

#2 Post by nybizzle »

Hi! I'm new to this forum as well. I just got braces last Monday. Let me know how yours goes!

Aaeolien

#3 Post by Aaeolien »

Good luck. Eat everything on the bad list in the next 2 days. LOL I know last weekend I sure did before my appointment this past monday. Caramels and popcorn, caramel popcorn, fritos, rolos, I ate it all, chewed on some ice just to do it. HAHAHA

strinder

#4 Post by strinder »

[quote="nybizzle"]Hi! I'm new to this forum as well. I just got braces last Monday. Let me know how yours goes![/quote]

I'll definitely keep you updated. What are you getting braces for? How long have they said you'll have them on for?

strinder

#5 Post by strinder »

[quote="Aaeolien"]Good luck. Eat everything on the bad list in the next 2 days. LOL I know last weekend I sure did before my appointment this past monday. Caramels and popcorn, caramel popcorn, fritos, rolos, I ate it all, chewed on some ice just to do it. HAHAHA[/quote]

Hahaha I've just gone out to dinner (almost as a good luck to myself) and ordered water with ice. I'm going to have to ask for drinks without ice and I'm not sure I'll be able to control myself!

Aaeolien

#6 Post by Aaeolien »

LOL the ice is ok just don't crunch on the ice

nybizzle

#7 Post by nybizzle »

[quote="strinder"][quote="nybizzle"]Hi! I'm new to this forum as well. I just got braces last Monday. Let me know how yours goes![/quote]

I'll definitely keep you updated. What are you getting braces for? How long have they said you'll have them on for?[/quote]

I have a crossbite on some teeth at the front and another crossbite at the back. My 4 front teeth also aren't the straightest, not that bad, but definitely could be straighter. They told me 1.5 to 2 years. What about you?

strinder

#8 Post by strinder »

Prepare for some rambling, I just thought it would be nice to document the following.

It's been 9 weeks since this post but on Thursday I am going to have my first adjustments!! Hallelujah!! It was only meant to be 8 weeks since they were put on (which felt long as it was) but my ortho was on holiday this week so it had to be pushed back to the next week. I understand that appointments can't be too regular to avoid root absorption but this week has felt like me wishing the days to go faster so I could be closer to have my first adjustment! I'm so excited because it feels like when I had my braces attached was so long ago, so it almost makes me feel like this will be the first step and move towards getting those perfect teeth we all want!

Everywhere I've seen and spoken to people have said the pain of getting them adjusted, and considering it took over a week for the pain to subside when I got my braces and I still have pain now (I tried opening a small lid with my teeth today and I couldn't because it hurt my teeth to bite down) I don't doubt that it's going to hurt after the adjustment!

But since having my braces attached, within 3 weeks my baby tooth went from being up in my mouth so there was a kink in the wire, to the tooth being brought down and the wire being completely straight. As far as I'm aware I'm going to have a metal ring around one of my molars as at the moment it is completely unbonded so I'm sure that'll bring some extra sensitivity and pressure. I'm actually worried the pain might be worse than when I had my braces attached because I at least had one molar that I could eat food on. That meant I actually got away with not eating very soft food after getting my braces attached. However, if that molar is going to bonded I may be left with no teeth I can eat on and it may have to be soup and mashed potato!

I shall update once they have been adjusted!! :tingrin: