Braces Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fvalentine1709

Braces Journey

#1 Post by fvalentine1709 »

Hi to everyone! My braces were fitted about two months ago and i want to share with you some progress.

It hasn't been soo traumatic really, i can count 4-6 bad days but nothing more. i never felt "pain", just a really intense disconfort!
On the 5th of June i have my 3th appointment, my ortho will then fix my lower braces.

I would really like to hear your opinion about taking in consideration the idea of wearing a palate expander. My arches seem really narrow to me but my ortho didn't mention nothing
1-55.JPG
11-49.JPG
1-71.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeska0113

Re: Braces Journey

#2 Post by Jeska0113 »

You should definitely mention that to your ortho ! Its all about communicaton. When i had my consultation they mentioned i get the expander, and i asked why it was necessary. To me, your smile doesnt seem narrow, but then again im no expert ! Lol.

VioletStubbs

Re: Braces Journey

#3 Post by VioletStubbs »

My ortho didn't say anything about expanders either, neither of them did (I had consults with two). I thought I'd need one as well because my tongue feels too big to fit between my teeth! But ortho #1 said that as my teeth straightened out my arch would widen and there would be more room (my arch is more v-shaped than u-shaped). Ortho #2 didn't say anything about it at all, but we haven't sat down for a full treatment plan yet- maybe he'll use one (I sincerely hope not hahaha)