UK, Damon Clear, 42 year old professional woman

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BusinessGirrl

UK, Damon Clear, 42 year old professional woman

#1 Post by BusinessGirrl »

Hi everyone. I can't wait to document my story here and see the progress to my new smile.

I got my braces fitted yesterday. Unfortunately it was worse than I had anticipated. I had been so focused on the thought of talking to people wearing braces and how they would feel once fitted, I didn't worry about the fitting process itself. However, when the orthodontist and assistant first started, with me tipped back, mouth spreader in, and various things in my mouth sucking water I had a bit of a panic attack. My heart started racing and I was thinking 'no I can't do this for an hour - get those things out of my mouth'. I managed to calm myself down with deep breaths, focusing on my breathing in and out. After a few minutes I was ok and the dentist wasn't aware, but that really was a scary moment.

After that I managed to hold it together whilst they stuck on the brackets. But another unpleasant part was removing the surface of my veneers. My middle top two teeth have veneers due to darkening of the tooth and to even them up as one is set back. Removing the surface involved lots of water and grinding - not pleasant! I kept worrying they were going to take too much off.

When everything was finally removed from my mouth, it felt really odd. I was a bit worried to speak but found it didn't effect my speech - thank goodness. In fact I had so built it up in my head that I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't feel too bad initially.

The fitting took nearly 2 hours, and I am certainly glad that is over.

BlondeCam

Re: UK, Damon Clear, 42 year old professional woman

#2 Post by BlondeCam »

Hang in there lady :) It's not super fun and I didn't have to go through any grinding.