27- my braces journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aeichler7

27- my braces journey

#1 Post by aeichler7 »

I have needed braces since I was a kid. My dentist as a kid started talking to my parents about pulling a bunch of teeth when I was in the 2nd grade. I even had a grandmother who offered to pay for them but my parents talked me out of it, saying they would hurt and I couldn't eat.

Fast forward 20 years and with my husband's awesome dental insurance I have been in braces for 4 weeks and 4 days. I have traditional metal braces. They are expanding my upper and lower dental arch, correcting crowding on upper and lower, and correcting my deep bite. My estimated time is 20 months. Looking at getting them off November 2018.

As of right now, I have my top braces and a lingual arch. I went for my first adjustment on April 19 and they put in a much stiffer wire. Their estimate for me to get the bottom braces on was 4 months after the top ones went on. The orthodontist said things were moving better than he anticipated and I will get the bottom braces on May 24.

I was self conscious about them the first few days but I know this is a decision I will not regret making! Best part is, I have a 10 year old son and have been mistaken for his teenage sister many times...it makes us laugh a lot!

atrixa

Re: 27- my braces journey

#2 Post by atrixa »

Haha, welcome to the board! Great to hear that things are going well.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*