BRACED @ 22. Double Jaw Surgery To Come..

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BLKSAGE

BRACED @ 22. Double Jaw Surgery To Come..

#1 Post by BLKSAGE »

After YEARS of my insurance denying my treatment as a child (I don't understand why insurance companies doesn't cover prevention) I FINALLY got braced at 22.

November 21st 2016 - BRACE DATE!

I've had an underbite my entire life and due to that my front teeth have eroded and chipped due to all the years of abuse :(
My treatment has been estimated 4 years but we'll see...No expectations - no disappointment.

Here's everything that needs to be corrected:
Crowding in upper and lower.
Underbite
Undergrown top Jaw & over grown bottom Jaw.
Slight cross bite

I've been in braces for almost 5 months and things are looking okay...?

Within the last 5 months my underbite has become SUPER PROMINENT - especially when I smile.
My jaw has been "locking"..not in a painful way but there is often tension between my jaws when's I just wake up or I'm just lounging around.
I've also developed a lisp after my last appointment (April 7th) because they put molar bands on my two furthers molars (which weren't on before).

My ortho said a few more months I'll be ready for my consultation for my double jaw surgery. I am SUPER nervous but I'll deal with things as they come.

Metal Mouth Specs:
ALL METAL DAMON.
6 Molar Brackets

I'm mostly struggling with molar bands CUTTING UP MY CHEEK and the pain..
Nothing has prepared me for this weird mouth pain. It's an odd feeling to always have SOMETHING happening in your mouth but I'm dealing with it as best as I can.

I'll be adding some photos soon :)

xoxo,
BLKSAGE.