Will my face go back??

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chazman1023

Will my face go back??

#1 Post by chazman1023 »

So i got braces on two months ago before this i only had a few crooked teeth in the front. Only after two month of having them on my face has sunk in on both sides and i have lost a noticeable amount in my jaw. How does this happen in two months?? I believe i have a good jawline but now it has gotten worse. if i would have know this was going to happen i would have never gotten braces. I would rather have the better looking face then a perfect smile. I have an appointment in the next few days and i am probably going to get the braces taken off. If i do should my face go back to how it was before?

giamia101

Re: Will my face go back??

#2 Post by giamia101 »

Did you get teeth extractions?
This is weird cause when I got braces I feel like it defined my jaw more :shock:

chazman1023

#3 Post by chazman1023 »

No i didn't have any extractions. I did get bumpers put on two of my lower back teeth though so my mouth doesn't close all the way. could this have anything to do with it?

giamia101

#4 Post by giamia101 »

Hmm, I doubt bumpers have anything to do with it because they are just so braces don't bother you, but if you are not able to close your mouth , then are you breathing through your mouth instead of your nose? You should have the proper tongue position (tongue on roof of mouth) so that way when your braces are shifting movement within your teeth/jaw , your jaw does not grow vertically. Because the reason some people do not have a defined jaw is because they breath through their mouth, thus suffering from receding chin/jaw or have a long face. So if you're breathing through your mouth try to force yourself to close your mouth and have the tongue on the roof of the mouth. But, it's only been two months so your braces shouldn't have had such an impact, however people say everything does get worse before it gets good. Try to take pics every month and see if there are differences . Give it time! :D

chazman1023

#5 Post by chazman1023 »

its funny you have mentioned that because i just read about the mouth closed and breathing through the nose. i know when i sleep i sleep with my mouth open which i heard is bad also but how do i even control that. i will try and fall asleep with my mouth closed but then i wake up and it is open. also how exactly do i place my toungue on the roof of my mouth?

Kidolize

#6 Post by Kidolize »

[quote="chazman1023"]So i got braces on two months ago before this i only had a few crooked teeth in the front. Only after two month of having them on my face has sunk in on both sides and i have lost a noticeable amount in my jaw. How does this happen in two months?? I believe i have a good jawline but now it has gotten worse. if i would have know this was going to happen i would have never gotten braces. I would rather have the better looking face then a perfect smile. I have an appointment in the next few days and i am probably going to get the braces taken off. If i do should my face go back to how it was before?[/quote]

Hi! I have the same case. Is there any better changes now? Um so depressed. :cry:

Jennilyn

#7 Post by Jennilyn »

I have the same change to my face...really high cheek bones and sunken in cheeks. I hate it and hope my face goes back to the way it was. I’ve heard it happens, especially to those who have build-ups/bumpers on their molars so their jaw won’t close fully (like me).