Just saying hello

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

erin5550

Re: Just saying hello

#46 Post by erin5550 »

SinkFullOfDinner wrote:Wow, what a difference! Especially at the last adjustment! So I guess this gap-closing thing isn't just a rumor that orthos made up. You must be pumped!

Holy cow- the power chains are no joke! I am ecstatic!!! The bite plate he gave me has completely changed my bite, my gap is closing, and my jaw pops much less than before braces. People always told me my gap was cute, and I hated it, but never really felt it was huge. Seeing the latest picture, that thing was a monstrosity. I am seriously on cloud 9 already.

I just brushed one of my brackets off, like it went down the sink drain. To replace that they have to un-power chain me, and re-do the wire, correct? This gap will be as good as gone if they put a fresh chain on it.

Steph30

#47 Post by Steph30 »

erin5550 wrote:Fifth adjustment B6F757EC-45EC-4DF3-8F72-8FAA6CE05153.jpeg

Looking Great!!!!

erin5550

#48 Post by erin5550 »

Steph30 wrote:
erin5550 wrote:Fifth adjustment B6F757EC-45EC-4DF3-8F72-8FAA6CE05153.jpeg

Looking Great!!!!
Thank you ma’am!

clairesky

#49 Post by clairesky »

Thanks for sharing your braces story, what great progress! Does the bite plate look like a retainer?

erin5550

#50 Post by erin5550 »

clairesky wrote:Thanks for sharing your braces story, what great progress! Does the bite plate look like a retainer?
Yes, it does. I still use the darn thing. He told me at the last appointment I really only need to use it overnight until I get my night guard. I’ve gradually been taking it out more and more since he said that was fine. I actually prefer it in now because I’ve grown accustomed to it.

clairesky

#51 Post by clairesky »

erin5550 wrote:
clairesky wrote:Thanks for sharing your braces story, what great progress! Does the bite plate look like a retainer?
Yes, it does. I still use the darn thing. He told me at the last appointment I really only need to use it overnight until I get my night guard. I’ve gradually been taking it out more and more since he said that was fine. I actually prefer it in now because I’ve grown accustomed to it.
Is the bite plate clear?

jem

#52 Post by jem »

Can you post a picture of what the biteplate looks like?
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194