Newbie here! Crowded teeth, overbite and other.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gonemeNtal

Newbie here! Crowded teeth, overbite and other.

#1 Post by gonemeNtal »

Hello, everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself and maybe find people who can relate to my story and vice versa! I want to apologise in advance for my English as I tend to mess up words sometimes.
Braces are pretty intimidating to say the least! :oops:
First off, I want to say that people on here are sooo kind, really. I love you all! May your teeth turn out to be perfect!

So, as to my story...
I'm 20 year old girl, I got my braces on the 20th of March. I was extremely scared of how they'll put braces on my teeth and the whole procedure... turns out the scary part is after I've already gotten them. The first night that I went to bed with my braces, I couldn't really sleep. I couldn't close my mouth and I was freaking out. It was hell. Past couple days have been hell, with a lot of pain and soreness, not really being able to close my mouth... But it is in fact getting better! :jump: :jump:
I haven't had any teeth extracted... And I am kind of worried about my orthodontist. I thoughts she's one of the best, but she doesn't really give me a lot of information. My next visit is on the 4th of May. :huh: Which, actually, is normal... I have Damon ones, but God, I am expected to know everything and I'm totally clueless!

I plan on posting a picture soon if there's someone interested further in my current situation. :heart:
My jaws are pretty narrow, I have an overbite that covers most of my lower teeth... Now having braces, I cannon close my mouth properly, and cannot chew (which should be normal, right?).
My question is if someone out there has had the same experience/problem as mine?
I've never been this worried in my life! :oops: :oops:

Thank you all! Keep them teeth clean and freeessh! :-}

gonemeNtal

Re: Newbie here! Crowded teeth, overbite and other.

#2 Post by gonemeNtal »

[quote="gonemeNtal"]Hello, everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself and maybe find people who can relate to my story and vice versa! I want to apologise in advance for my English as I tend to mess up words sometimes.
First off, I want to say that people on here are sooo kind, really. I love you all! May your teeth turn out to be perfect!

So, as to my story...
I'm 20 year old girl, I got my braces on the 20th of March. I was extremely scared of how they'll put braces on my teeth and the whole procedure... turns out the scary part is after I've already gotten them. The first night that I went to bed with my braces, I couldn't really sleep. I couldn't close my mouth and I was freaking out. It was hell. Past couple days have been hell, with a lot of pain and soreness, not really being able to close my mouth... But it is in fact getting better! :jump: :jump:
I haven't had any teeth extracted... And I am kind of worried about my orthodontist. I thoughts she's one of the best, but she doesn't really give me a lot of information. My next visit is on the 4th of May. :huh: Which, actually, is normal... I have Damon ones, but God, I am expected to know everything and I'm totally clueless!

I plan on posting a picture soon if there's someone interested further in my current situation. :heart:
My jaws are pretty narrow, I have an overbite that covers most of my lower teeth... Now having braces, I cannon close my mouth properly, and cannot chew (which should be normal, right?).
My question is if someone out there has had the same experience/problem as mine?

Thank you all! Keep them teeth clean and freeessh! :-}[/quote]

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

FlyByNight

#3 Post by FlyByNight »

I pretty much had to learn how to chew again after I got my braces on. I had bite ramps put on my upper central incisors and they were terrible. My tongue always touched them. It will definitely get better.

CayKay

#4 Post by CayKay »

I am new here too. Just got braces on wednesday and I am super terrified and still in a lot of pain.
I wear one rubber band to help correct a cross bite. Not very comfortable at all. I also have turbos in and they are super uncomfortable. All in all I am having a great time.

Rebeccasmells

#5 Post by Rebeccasmells »

Ignorance is bliss

gonemeNtal

#6 Post by gonemeNtal »

[quote="CayKay"]I am new here too. Just got braces on wednesday and I am super terrified and still in a lot of pain.
I wear one rubber band to help correct a cross bite. Not very comfortable at all. I also have turbos in and they are super uncomfortable. All in all I am having a great time.[/quote]

Ah, I feel you! I also have turbos as well. :yuck: They don't really let me close my mouth.

We'll get throught it, tho! It's for the better! :D :D

Steph30

#7 Post by Steph30 »

gonemeNtal wrote:Hello, everyone!

So, as to my story...

Thank you all! Keep them teeth clean and freeessh! :-}

Hello! Congrats on taking the leap to get your braces! Mine go on tomorrow!! my situation is very similar to yours - crowding uppers, bad overbite.. Do you have any bite plate or anything for your overjet? to prevent you from closing completely? That's what ill be getting...

Glad to see another newbie on the board :)