29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hdavies91

Re: 29 - Braces Journey (terrified)

#91 Postby hdavies91 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 am

Hi, I just want to say that I have ceramic upper and metal lower. Although a bit bulkier I definitely don't regret the ceramics and they are far less visible. The only annoying thing is when you have a metal coil with them - kind of defeats the object!

RacyRonnie

#92 Postby RacyRonnie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:44 am

Hey Stephanie,
as the others have already stated, ceramics are the best solution, unless you decide to get braces on the back of your teeth. If you consider these, however, you'll have to know that they impair your speaking ability and give you a slight lisp. They are also more expensive. Ceramics do stain, sadly, and I usually wear a blue based red lipstick to cancel out how yellow they make my teeth look. Ask your orthodontist if he can remove the braces for your sister's wedding! He's done it for my graduation party.
Keep your head up, braces are worth it! :D :D

Steph30

#93 Postby Steph30 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:08 pm

hdavies91 wrote:Hi, I just want to say that I have ceramic upper and metal lower. Although a bit bulkier I definitely don't regret the ceramics and they are far less visible. The only annoying thing is when you have a metal coil with them - kind of defeats the object!

Thank you, I'm happy I went with the ceramic uppers!, although I do feel like they make my teeth look discoloured.

My braces journal: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=51940

Steph30

#94 Postby Steph30 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:13 pm

RacyRonnie wrote:Hey Stephanie,
as the others have already stated, ceramics are the best solution, unless you decide to get braces on the back of your teeth. If you consider these, however, you'll have to know that they impair your speaking ability and give you a slight lisp. They are also more expensive. Ceramics do stain, sadly, and I usually wear a blue based red lipstick to cancel out how yellow they make my teeth look. Ask your orthodontist if he can remove the braces for your sister's wedding! He's done it for my graduation party.
Keep your head up, braces are worth it! :D :D

Yes, I have noticed the discoloration!! .. hate that part of the ceramics. I wish my ortho would remove them for the wedding but I reallllly highly doubt it, especially since my removal date is only a couple months after my sisters wedding :(

Steph30

Re: 29 - Braces Journey - updated

#95 Postby Steph30 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 am

Just a little update - I had my adjustment on the 17th. Both power chains were removed and wires switched out, my upper and lower front teeth were tied off to keep them from moving and elastics were added from the 4th upper to the 6th lower - Ortho is trying to change my bite a bit more.

I have been in quite a bit of pain from these elastics, which I wear 24/7 - you cant see them and they don't affect my speech but... oiy, havnt been in this much discomfort since the beginning... They are definitely no joke.

Next adjustment in 8 weeks.

Return to “Our Braces Stories”