Expander! Extractions! Braces,hooray!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracingfor33

Re: Expander! Extractions! Braces,hooray!

#16 Post by Bracingfor33 »

Feeling confident enough to finally post pics. 2nd pic is 3 months in. Very pleased with progress. Begin gap closure with powerchains the 20th. Also getting the lowers bracketed too that date! Yay to smiling soon!!
(Sorry for the lousy picture quality, my teeth are luckily not that yellow lol.)

20170320_212653.jpg
20170521_171408.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bracingfor33

#17 Post by Bracingfor33 »

Power chain went on today. Wishing I'd have picked a different color besides white. Other than that, there has been no pain with it. I also had the bottom wire put on today and omgoodness! The pressure is much greater than the top ever was! Ugh! I have to keep reminding myself that, in this case, pain is beauty :lol:
Just out of pure curiosity, how long did it take your gap to close with a power chain? And did anyone feel the bottom teeth were more painful after getting braced?

Steph30

#18 Post by Steph30 »

Lots of movement!!, awesome :D

Bracingfor33

#19 Post by Bracingfor33 »

Truly! You can imagine my excitement! :dance: I'm beginning to feel like a whole new person. I have let a few smiles slip, and I gotta admit, I wasn't so ashamed anymore.

erin5550

#20 Post by erin5550 »

Bracingfor33 wrote:Power chain went on today. Wishing I'd have picked a different color besides white. Other than that, there has been no pain with it. I also had the bottom wire put on today and omgoodness! The pressure is much greater than the top ever was! Ugh! I have to keep reminding myself that, in this case, pain is beauty :lol:
Just out of pure curiosity, how long did it take your gap to close with a power chain? And did anyone feel the bottom teeth were more painful after getting braced?
I'm on my second power chain to try to close my gap. I got the first one 5/18 and the second yesterday. It's definitely improved, but not closed yet. It for sure hurts though. So much pressure.

maryedenissa

#21 Post by maryedenissa »

[quote="atrixa"]I've never had a bracket pop off (touch wood, lol) either this round with braces or last time. A lot of people with braces I watch on Youtube report brackets popping off all the time though. Sometimes it's because they're eating hard or crunchy food and other times it's because it wasn't bonded properly, by the looks of things.[/quote]

It is my 8th month today with braces, but i havent experienced brackets coming off. I basically eat anything, chewing normally. :lol: