Braces finally! Cuspid substitution

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kathrnrose

Braces finally! Cuspid substitution

#1 Post by Kathrnrose »

Hey all, I finally got my braces on at 26years old. I have a peg lateral on my left side that I will have a vaneer on after treatment, and I am having a cuspid substitution in my right side. I have to have a Trex appliance put on in two weeks to move my right side over just a touch and move my left side back just a touch. I have a slight midline shift. I'm super happy to have my braces on finally. Anyone else have a lot of pain and mouth sores from the brackets? When will that let up?

atrixa

Re: Braces finally! Cuspid substitution

#2 Post by atrixa »

Congrats! Yeah, the brackets were a pain with my first set of braces. It was a few days to a week I think for the pain to let up. It tends to vary from person to person. Don't be afraid to use tons of the wax. I'm hoping that my scar tissue from my first round of braces will keep my mouth sores to a minimum, but we'll see!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*