SK braces journey!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

godutch

Re: SK braces journey!!

#16 Post by godutch »

atrixa wrote:Molar buildups sound like the worst! I shouldn't have to have them, just having an upper brace. I hope that you can manage solid food again soon! I ate some crunchy indian snack type things at work today because I got excited that my teeth weren't hurting anymore, but i forgot they would have turmeric in them and i've stained my white ligs a bit :(
Turmeric contains a cox2 inhibitor, supposedly good for tooth movement (eat with pepper though else it will not be biologically available )

Skwiredmouth

#17 Post by Skwiredmouth »

atrixa wrote:Molar buildups sound like the worst! I shouldn't have to have them, just having an upper brace. I hope that you can manage solid food again soon! I ate some crunchy indian snack type things at work today because I got excited that my teeth weren't hurting anymore, but i forgot they would have turmeric in them and i've stained my white ligs a bit :(
I eat curries with turmeric but it doesnt stain! Just do an oil pull next morning next morning...

tillybrace

#18 Post by tillybrace »

Skwiredmouth wrote:Today (top) vs day 4 (bottom). Not very happy with them :(
IMG-20170221-WA0009.jpg

close your eyes and picture what your teeth are going to look like in a year, and remember that this is just growing pains, you are going to have a truley epic smile, and you won;t remember how you feel now, when in a year your looking at the smile you have always wanted

atrixa

#19 Post by atrixa »

godutch wrote: Turmeric contains a cox2 inhibitor, supposedly good for tooth movement (eat with pepper though else it will not be biologically available )
Oh, that's good to know! I used to use turmeric in EVERYTHING until I got my brace on. I think I'll go with silver bands next time and go nuts.
Skwiredmouth wrote:
I eat curries with turmeric but it doesnt stain! Just do an oil pull next morning next morning...
I'm a bit scared of oil pulling, slightly worried it'll make me gag! Might give it a try, though.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Skwiredmouth

#20 Post by Skwiredmouth »

Update time !! Day 4 (top) vs Week 7
Pretty happy with the bottoms !! The has got pretty straight !!
IMG-20170320-WA0004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.