SK braces journey!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Skwiredmouth

SK braces journey!!

#1 Post by Skwiredmouth »

Hey everybody!!

I just got braced and this is my day 4. I already have had a cry baby session at dinner on day 2 and had been thinking how will I motivate myself for the next 18 to 24 months. Finally I decided to document my journey with weekly updates to keep myself motivated as well as accountable (to clean properly) . My teeth are so bad that I was a bit worried about posting my pics but I think I need to overcome that fear.

Background :
31 yo in Australia. Never had braces in my life because my parents thought I looked pretty in the teeth I had and my dentists never said anything either. Currently studying masters part time. Finished full time work last month and need to find another one but very conscious about going to interviews with these wires.

Issues :
Too many
1) Deepbite
2) Cross bite
3) Had baby teeth until now. Top right lateral incisor and top right canine. Only permanent canine came that too behind the baby lateral incisor . Permanent lateral incisor missing.
4) Top left peg lateral incisor
5) After my wisdom teeth came my bottoms have become further crowded.
6) Top central incisors have fillings due to bad habits of eating too much chocolates during my undergrad.

And after all these issues also I pray my teeth respond super quick to this treatment and I get through with this within 12-16 months though I have been told 18-24 months.

Day 1 was ok but could not eat because my milars wouldnt touch . I could not sleep the whole night as I felt I would grind my teeth and my brackets would come off.

Day 2 went to ortho again and got some pink glue like stuff between my molars so they act as barrier between my upper and lower molars. Now I cant grind my teeth but biting has become impossible too.

Day 3 Surviving on smoothies , sweet potato mash, avocado mash , chicken soup , scrambled egg (gordan ramsay recipe) . Overall mouth doesnt hurt but my bottom 4 incisors are extremely sore and have started bleeding during flossing.

Day 4 I see a small tiny gap between my top central incisors and flossing there is easier. Only issue is I feel hungry all the time. I was buying bread for my partner and I had the urge to eat it then and there at the store itself. This is the only major issue I see right now. So I have announced that grocery shopping isn't my chore anymore.

Will post my pics in next post as I need to resize them.

atrixa

Re: SK braces journey!!

#2 Post by atrixa »

Oh, I remember the constant hunger from my first set of braces :/ I remember struggling to eat weetabix even though I hate the stuff. It was the softest food in the house. This time, I'm going to be much better prepared.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

arraye

#3 Post by arraye »

Skwiredmouth wrote:Hey everybody!!

I just got braced and this is my day 4. I already have had a cry baby session at dinner on day 2 and had been thinking how will I motivate myself for the next 18 to 24 months. Finally I decided to document my journey with weekly updates to keep myself motivated as well as accountable (to clean properly) . My teeth are so bad that I was a bit worried about posting my pics but I think I need to overcome that fear.

Background :
31 yo in Australia. Never had braces in my life because my parents thought I looked pretty in the teeth I had and my dentists never said anything either. Currently studying masters part time. Finished full time work last month and need to find another one but very conscious about going to interviews with these wires.

Issues :
Too many
1) Deepbite
2) Cross bite
3) Had baby teeth until now. Top right lateral incisor and top right canine. Only permanent canine came that too behind the baby lateral incisor . Permanent lateral incisor missing.
4) Top left peg lateral incisor
5) After my wisdom teeth came my bottoms have become further crowded.
6) Top central incisors have fillings due to bad habits of eating too much chocolates during my undergrad.

And after all these issues also I pray my teeth respond super quick to this treatment and I get through with this within 12-16 months though I have been told 18-24 months.

Day 1 was ok but could not eat because my milars wouldnt touch . I could not sleep the whole night as I felt I would grind my teeth and my brackets would come off.

Day 2 went to ortho again and got some pink glue like stuff between my molars so they act as barrier between my upper and lower molars. Now I cant grind my teeth but biting has become impossible too.

Day 3 Surviving on smoothies , sweet potato mash, avocado mash , chicken soup , scrambled egg (gordan ramsay recipe) . Overall mouth doesnt hurt but my bottom 4 incisors are extremely sore and have started bleeding during flossing.

Day 4 I see a small tiny gap between my top central incisors and flossing there is easier. Only issue is I feel hungry all the time. I was buying bread for my partner and I had the urge to eat it then and there at the store itself. This is the only major issue I see right now. So I have announced that grocery shopping isn't my chore anymore.

Will post my pics in next post as I need to resize them.
Ohh I know what you mean about feeling hungry, I'm on day 8 and I still have issues chewing! I can chew well cooked chicken now but nothing tougher yet. I couldn't chew very much in my two weeks in spacers so I'm now on three weeks of reduced chewing... it is driving me mad!

Just think about why you are doing this and how great your teeth are going to look at the end of this. It'll all be worth it!

Skwiredmouth

#4 Post by Skwiredmouth »

Update time.
Today is day 7. My wire came out of my last bracket on day 4 evening and is hanging between my last and second last bracket. Day 4 was friday so I booked appointment to put it back for monday. Just came out of the dentist and they said they need to change wire as its small now because teeth have moved already. Unfortunately my ortho is out of town and when he comes back I go out of town but still preponed the next appointment from 28th feb to 22nd feb. So excited to hear this though I cant see visible difference.

Day 1 vs day 4 pic.
IMG-20170206-WA0016.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

atrixa

#5 Post by atrixa »

I don't see clear braces often on the bottom teeth, was that something you requested specifically or do some places do it like that anyway?

They'll be looking fab in no time :)

Skwiredmouth

#6 Post by Skwiredmouth »

atrixa wrote:I don't see clear braces often on the bottom teeth, was that something you requested specifically or do some places do it like that anyway?

They'll be looking fab in no time :)
I did not request them. In fact my ortho said that for the condition of my teeth I should go metal as that would be the best . I agreed as I wanted the fastest and best solution. In fact when they put my brackets I thought I was getting metal and in the end when I saw myself in mirror I was pretty happy too. These are damon . I heard they are faster than traditional so my ortho might have decided clear in front and metal for molars.

Skwiredmouth

#7 Post by Skwiredmouth »

Day 19 : My bottom central incisor had been hurting like hell since yesterday and today morning it moved and started hitting the top incisor during the bite. Planned taking an appointment for monday to increase my molar buildups but by evening my bite changed again and now my midline of top and bottom teeth is off and teeth dont touch.

Though I am happy for fast movement I am concerned about my lips. My bottom lip has moved a lot towards right when i close them. This is giving an odd shape to my face. Not sure if this is temporary . Will check with ortho on monday.
IMG-20170218-WA0021-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Skwiredmouth

#8 Post by Skwiredmouth »

I posted the odd lips pic in night and by morning they were back to the right position.Its been 3 weeks but I cant see any changes in my teeth at all . I can only feel changes in my bite almost every 2-3 days. So i get used to a bite and it changes and I get used to that and that changes again. My first adjustment is on 28th feb that is 4 weeks completion.

I haven't asked my dentist or ortho but I have started coconut oil pulling from the last 2 days apart from my regular dental routine. I am thinking of doing it for a week every month to remove any stains that might have accumulated during the month . anyone's got suggestion on that?

Skwiredmouth

#9 Post by Skwiredmouth »

Today (top) vs day 4 (bottom). Not very happy with them :(
IMG-20170221-WA0009.jpg

atrixa

#10 Post by atrixa »

Don't be too discouraged! Not everyone sees changes immediately. It sounds like your molars might be moving considerably more than the top at the moment. When is your next appointment?

tillybrace

#11 Post by tillybrace »

Skwiredmouth wrote:Today (top) vs day 4 (bottom). Not very happy with them :(
IMG-20170221-WA0009.jpg
if you look throught my story you will see how long it took for my changes to show. don't give up

Skwiredmouth

#12 Post by Skwiredmouth »

atrixa wrote:Don't be too discouraged! Not everyone sees changes immediately. It sounds like your molars might be moving considerably more than the top at the moment. When is your next appointment?
I have my first adjustment appointment on 28th feb.

atrixa

#13 Post by atrixa »

Oh, less than a week until you'll be able to see what your ortho thinks of your progress! Best of luck!

Skwiredmouth

#14 Post by Skwiredmouth »

atrixa wrote:Oh, less than a week until you'll be able to see what your ortho thinks of your progress! Best of luck!
I had my appointment today morning !! The ortho said that he can see changes...

He has now put a powerchain between my top canine that grew behind incisor and the premolar to pull the canine out and called me back in 3 weeks. The canine bracket isnt connected to the wire yet. The canine hurts like anything. Its almost like someone pushing it from behind..

Since I have deep bite the molar buildups have been increased and now i cant eat again!! :(

I just had butter chicken yesterday and back to smoothie now.

Hope it comes out quickly!!

atrixa

#15 Post by atrixa »

Molar buildups sound like the worst! I shouldn't have to have them, just having an upper brace. I hope that you can manage solid food again soon! I ate some crunchy indian snack type things at work today because I got excited that my teeth weren't hurting anymore, but i forgot they would have turmeric in them and i've stained my white ligs a bit :(