Second Braces Journey at 25

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nybizzle

Re: Second Braces Journey at 25

#46 Postby nybizzle » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:38 pm

atrixa wrote:So, I had another adjustment today. I went with powder blue bands. I got new power chains and a stronger wire. I think he said .34? Might be wrong there.

It's almost 6 months now, and I'm really happy with the progress. Oh, if you're looking for stain-resistant bands, the purple ones from the previous post were really good.

Did you have curry with the purple ones on?

atrixa

#47 Postby atrixa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:46 pm

nybizzle wrote:
Did you have curry with the purple ones on?

Yep, and some tofu with a lot of turmeric on. It stained the power chains, but not the bands, which was interesting!
My braces journey: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=51689

atrixa

#48 Postby atrixa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:11 am

(Almost) 7 months update:
Biggest gap compared to last adjustment:
I can't see any difference there, which is really frustrating. My teeth have definitely moved back, which is great, but I'm not sure how this gap is going to close.
As you can see, the ligatures have dulled quite a bit. I had a curry a week ago and it stained quite badly, but most of it seems to have brushed out.

atrixa

#49 Postby atrixa » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 am

So, another adjustment. Just got silver this time because I couldn't be bothered to choose a colour (bad day at work, might get navy next time). No wire change, but I have stronger power chains on. So strong in fact, that my ortho could barely get them on and pinged one against my lip. Twice. :roll:
Photos:

Still can't see much difference from the last adjustment. I suppose i'm in that frustrating part of the journey.

atrixa

#50 Postby atrixa » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 am

(Almost) 8 month update:

Compared to day of adjustment:

Gap is doing a lot better!

atrixa

#51 Postby atrixa » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:37 am

That gap is still closing and the overjet has decreased nicely:
Next adjustment is on Wednesday, so hopefully they'll do something for that gap to close all the way.

atrixa

#52 Postby atrixa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:46 am

Adjustment done! No new wire, and double power chains to close the gap all the way. I picked navy ligatures:
Best news ever, ortho says we're nearly done. Just some light adjustments to be made after the gap closure then that's it. He didn't give a date, but I reckon April might be a good shout. It would have been July/August otherwise :)

atrixa

#53 Postby atrixa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 am

9 month update! The stubborn gap has closed a bit more, but not all the way:
My teeth on day 1:
Really pleased with the changes!

Return to “Our Braces Stories”