Starting braces journey at 24

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Grapefruit47

Starting braces journey at 24

#1 Post by Grapefruit47 »

Hello :) I had my very first orthodontic consultation 4 months ago. I visited two orthodontists, the first said I would need 4 extractions and the other was against extractions and suggested an expander instead. I went the expander route (mainly because the treatment cost was a thousand dollars cheaper). The total estimated treatment time is 24-26 months. This is inclusive of wearing the expander for 6 months. I have overcrowding in my top and bottom teeth, crossbite, and an overbite.

I got my hyrax expander 3 months ago (at age 23) but only turned it for 2 months. I turned it a total of 18 times over the course of those 2 months. At the third month check up I was told the expansion was complete and my expander was bonded so I wouldn't be able to turn it. I should be getting braces in 2 months.

I will update after each orthodontist appt. Wish me luck!

tillybrace

Re: Starting braces journey at 24

#2 Post by tillybrace »

welcome to the club

Grapefruit47

Re: Starting braces journey at 24

#3 Post by Grapefruit47 »

During my appointment yesterday my ortho decided i was ready for bonding and i got my top braces. I still have my expander but it is not being turned. They took pictures and xrays before they put the braces on.

My expander is bonded/banded to my 2nd molars and the braces are bonded up to my first molars. My 3rd molars (wisdom teeth) have not erupted. I didnt experience pain during the day however i did wake up in the middle of the night with pain. I was proud of myself because the braces werent irritating my lips but by the next day i was already developing sores and chapped lips :( My teeth also feel sore.

Hopefully next month i get the bottom set.