First time braces at 33

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Vega

Re: First time braces at 33

#31 Postby Vega » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:09 am

Today is the Smile distractor-removalday!
5 months after the operation.
I'm nervous :?

Not much going on since my last post. No discomfort or pain.
I'm figuring out how to keep my teeth stainfree, and it's getting better I think.

Vega

#32 Postby Vega » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:49 am

Smile distractor out!
It wasn't so bad as I tought. They removed only the 'bar' but not the screws that kept the bar in place.
They will remove the screws during my next operation.
I had anesthesia in the roof of my mouth, because he gave it so quick it didn't hurt as much.
I had some pain after but after a half an hour it was gone, no painkillers needed.

I will need surgery to move my upper jaw more to the left, this will fix my midline and my bite. They will also tilt it a bit inwards because of my overbite.
Lower jaw is going to move a little forward.

Surgeon talked about the operation to be planned for november or december, if my ortho agrees.

Pussinboots698

#33 Postby Pussinboots698 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 am

I got my braces at 34 (10 months ago now) was the best decision I have ever made! I never used to smile because I was so embarrsed, now I cant stop :D I don't even notice the braces. Congratulations on making the brave step and wish you all the best on your journey.

Vega

#34 Postby Vega » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Pussinboots698 wrote:I got my braces at 34 (10 months ago now) was the best decision I have ever made! I never used to smile because I was so embarrsed, now I cant stop :D I don't even notice the braces. Congratulations on making the brave step and wish you all the best on your journey.

Thanks! I wish you all the best too :D

Small update.
Last week I had spacers again, between my back molars wich were 'free' of brackets/bands untill yesterday.
I have cemented bands placed on my back molars now. It hurts :lol:
I was getting so comfy with my braces that I forgot that they could hurt. Didn't sleep so great last night and this morning I took a painkiller.
It will get better in a few days.
He also changed my wires for a thinner one.

Next app is in four weeks, not sure what they will be doing but i'm guessing a wire replacement.

After that I can start to count down to my holiday! Jeeeeeej. :jump:
I wanted to wait untill I got my expander out to plan a holiday.

Vega

#35 Postby Vega » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:31 am

Update, had my last app the 2nd of october.

Got new wires upper and lower.
It was a relief getting my last wires out, they felt ubertight and also the wire started to poke in my cheek.
Had a lot of discomfort the weeks before my last app.

Now everthing is fine, no pain or such. :)

A few days ago I was eating a banana and i saw my upper front teethmarks in it. It was a nice arch/line shaped form. No more wonkey weird 90 degree angle.
I was so happy, i showed my boyfriend :lol:

Next app is the end of november, going on holiday first.
Then in december the first app with the surgeon for my double jawsurgery.

Vega

#36 Postby Vega » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 am

Back from vacation and had my last app the 20th.
Upper wire was changed for a thicker one.
I have developed a gap in my lower arch, so I got a powerchain on my lower wire now.

I had no problems on vacation with my braces. :jump:
I did bought a full face mask for snorkeling so I didn't have to bite down on a snorkel. Worked great!

Return to “Our Braces Stories”