Not much longer to go!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

reen71b

Not much longer to go!

#1 Post by reen71b »

Had an appointment today. I go back in 2 weeks. Shortest time I've ever had between appointments. I'm guessing this next one will determine if I'm ready to be debanded. Crossing my fingers!

pjade1

Re: Not much longer to go!

#2 Post by pjade1 »

I hope you get the green light to have them removed! I have been going in every 4 weeks now and they are trying hard to fix some pressure with my teeth so I can get mine removed too. I am down to every 4 weeks. I think they should see me every 2 weeks so I can get this corrected.

I hope you get a de-brace date soon!
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

GloomyPalaver

#3 Post by GloomyPalaver »

I'm so excited for you! Meanwhile, I'm only beginning my journey. :/

reen71b

#4 Post by reen71b »

My braces were removed on schedule. I've had them off for approximately 3 weeks. My ortho put me in an Essix retainer on the top and Invisalign on the bottom to do a minor correction that braces weren't doing. I go back in a couple days to have a bonded retainer on top and bottom and remolded for Essix retainers. I am high risk for relapse due to the over crowding I had so that's why I'm getting bonded retainers top and bottom. Then, it's a matter of time for me to schedule for some gum contouring. I'll wait a bit to do some dental bonding on a couple front teeth that were worn down from the position they were in prior to braces (gonna get my money's worth on these retainers before I have to shell out $270 for a new set!). I'll most likely be wearing the retainers nightly for life but I'm willing to do that to keep my new smile. I don't mind it since I'll be sleeping anyway and won't notice them. I don't know why but my teeth feel weird without the retainers on. I guess it's because my lips are now touching teeth that they were not before or that I'm so used to having something on them. They feel naked! lol