32 & super anxious to see changes.....when??

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Judygnme

32 & super anxious to see changes.....when??

#1 Post by Judygnme »

:D :roll: :wink: :) I've currently been braced for a month now. I have damon brackets, not sure what brand. My 1st appointment after getting banded was 4 weeks later and my ortho upgraded me to a thicker wire. This wire put more pressure on my teeth which did give me some satisfaction because I knew that my teeth were moving. It's been almost 3 weeks with the new wire and now I don't feel too much tension. My teeth really aren't as sore either. My next appointment is in a week. I'm just wondering, with self litigating brackets, is there a wire change at every appointment? He also says once the teeth move where they need them, then they will begin to close the gaps....does this mean powerchains?

tillybrace

Re: 32 & super anxious to see changes.....when??

#2 Post by tillybrace »

I have no idea, i have fastbraces, and they change only the elastics on my teeth.
chin up my friend, you've made the first step, and don't let anyone make you feel bad for having self ligaturing braces. Your mouth, your money, your choice

Lovespain5

#3 Post by Lovespain5 »

Judygnme wrote::D :roll: :wink: :) I've currently been braced for a month now. I have damon brackets, not sure what brand. My 1st appointment after getting banded was 4 weeks later and my ortho upgraded me to a thicker wire. This wire put more pressure on my teeth which did give me some satisfaction because I knew that my teeth were moving. It's been almost 3 weeks with the new wire and now I don't feel too much tension. My teeth really aren't as sore either. My next appointment is in a week. I'm just wondering, with self litigating brackets, is there a wire change at every appointment? He also says once the teeth move where they need them, then they will begin to close the gaps....does this mean powerchains?
I think that's powerchains. They are used in regular but also in self-ligating brackets. Which teeth did you extract?
:?:-#):mrgreen:

Judygnme

#4 Post by Judygnme »

I was told that I didn't have to have any teeth extracted.

Bracingmyself33

#5 Post by Bracingmyself33 »

Judygnme wrote::D :roll: :wink: :) I've currently been braced for a month now. I have damon brackets, not sure what brand. My 1st appointment after getting banded was 4 weeks later and my ortho upgraded me to a thicker wire. This wire put more pressure on my teeth which did give me some satisfaction because I knew that my teeth were moving. It's been almost 3 weeks with the new wire and now I don't feel too much tension. My teeth really aren't as sore either. My next appointment is in a week. I'm just wondering, with self litigating brackets, is there a wire change at every appointment? He also says once the teeth move where they need them, then they will begin to close the gaps....does this mean powerchains?
I'm 33 and am on damon braces for 5 months. I usually return for adjustments every 3-4 weeks.

Based on my experience, wire will not be changed at every appointment. Existing wire may be trimmed or adjusted to the 'new' teeth alignment. I had my 1st change at the 3rd month and stepped down to the thinnest wire at 4th month. I suppose there is different purpose for different wires.

As for the tension/pain, it will be more intense days after the adjustment. Perhaps your body had grown to adapt with the discomfort/pain that you don't feel it much. But rest assure that teeth is moving all the time. Take pictures every fortnightly and you'll be amazed at the changes!

Slowly but surely. :HugeGrin: