28 & in braces - goodbye overjet & open bite!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceasaurus

28 & in braces - goodbye overjet & open bite!

#1 Post by braceasaurus »

Hello everyone! Long time lurker and now finally a first time poster :)

Four days ago I got full braces - ceramic on top six and steel everywhere else - to fix an overjet, anterior open bite and minor crowding. Well, it's not really going to fix the first two, as I'm getting double jaw surgery for that. Will be a very long journey but I'm so excited I'm going to have nice teeth at the end of it. I had braces on my top teeth when I was 14, for a year, but it was only to fix crowding and unfortunately didn't address my jaw problems which only got worse as I got older. As a result of that first batch of braces, my top teeth are nice and straight horizontally, just not vertically. So I suppose that's something! To keep them straight I had a permanent retainer installed behind my top front teeth, which they had to remove before putting the new braces on. It's a very weird feeling having the teeth be all smooth back there, I can tell you.

Anyway, I'm exciting to be posting here and becoming part of the braces community! I think this forum is pretty much a sanity-saver!!

Thanks for listening :)

tillybrace

Re: 28 & in braces - goodbye overjet & open bite!

#2 Post by tillybrace »

welcome fellow 28year old in braces.
things are only going to get better from here.