oldest one here at 63?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

puckloo

oldest one here at 63?

#1 Post by puckloo »

I got my Damon braces two months ago, at age 63. I think I am the oldest one here. But no matter! I could not afford ortho when I was younger, and now I can... Since I am twice or more everyone elses age who have braces, I don't have much perspective or idea of what is going on. But hoping for the best!

Bracingmyself33

Re: oldest one here at 63?

#2 Post by Bracingmyself33 »

It must be an exciting time for you!

How are you coping?

puckloo

#3 Post by puckloo »

Hi, I am OK, really... the ortho is very gentle and said it might take a while but to be patient. I see a bit of progress/movement, but after only 2 months, didn't expect miracles, you know? First actual adjustment is November 21... the last check up six weeks in, they just said it's fine and changed nothing. I expected something else, but shouldn't complain, right? :wink:

Next visit, I would expect a stronger, thicker arch wire, I assume. The only real issue I have is the lack of communication from the ortho. I want to ask more dumb questions, but they sort of brush me off, and also are not there much. I broke a wire two weeks ago, and was told to just cut it off with nail scissors. Um... really, have you tried to do that on a back bracket? My ortho is highly rated, so I assume I am just expecting more/different responses, perhaps.

I paid in full up front for 20 months of treatment. Maybe I shouldn't have! LOL~

SingleJawMelb

#4 Post by SingleJawMelb »

Feel free to ask questions on this forum. Was it the wire at the back that popped out? Mine did that heaps at the start.

puckloo

#5 Post by puckloo »

Yes, I got a little wild with the floss, and popped the end of the wire out of the bracket on the last molar, lower. I couldn't figure out how to open it and put it back, and I was leaving for a week the next day for a business trip. So I dealt with it for a week - it would end up on top of my molar, so I would bite down on it a lot. I tried tucking the end under the bracket, but it made that tooth hurt a lot, so I figured I was doing something bad trying to put it there.

When I got home, I used my old needle nose pliers and broke the end off. They said cut it with nail clippers. Honestly? How? I still have a month before I can see the ortho, so I had to do something... still wonder if it is doing any harm but no one at the ortho office seemed concerned enough to let me come in, so....

Thanks for the support... I appreciate it! :-D

SingleJawMelb

#6 Post by SingleJawMelb »

I have never had the wire pop out again so I think that wire is loose.

Try YouTube to find how to put the wire back in, but I guess it can be thread in? Is there a Damon section on this forum? Or use nail clippers and put the wire in, and cut.