Hi guys! New here.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stonekitten

Hi guys! New here.

#1 Post by stonekitten »

Hey all.
My name is Abbie, I'm 19 and I'm from Australia.

Tomorrow I'm beginning my traditional braces treatment for moderate/severe crowding + an overbite, and general misalignment. I'm slightly nervous about the appointment. I was not given the best dental care as a child, no orthodontics. They're not damaged teeth, just crooked, they're actually very healthy. At some stage whilst wearing my braces I will need my wisdom teeth removed. Estimated treatment time is 18 months. No idea what else to say, but this forum I feel will be insanely helpful.

Wish me luck.
:D

Vicki04

Re: Hi guys! New here.

#2 Post by Vicki04 »

Welcome and all the best on the beginning of your journey Abbie :)
Let us know how it goes?
1. Crowding
2. High Canines
3. Crossbite
4. Edge to edge bite
They're just kind of wonky :crazy:

ItsNever2Late

#3 Post by ItsNever2Late »

I'm new here myself. I just got my Damon braces (clear on top, metal on bottom) put on today. (Estimated treatment: 15 months) I hope your journey is going well & things are progressing as they should. Right now I am in beginning to feel the soreness and I had a wire break but I trying to remain optimistic. Hopefully we can uplift each other. Right now I'm really feeling as though I made a mistake. Of course this is me being overly dramatic. But I'm just excited to get used to them. Blessings your way.

SingleJawMelb

#4 Post by SingleJawMelb »

ItsNever2Late wrote:I'm new here myself. I just got my Damon braces (clear on top, metal on bottom) put on today. (Estimated treatment: 15 months) I hope your journey is going well & things are progressing as they should. Right now I am in beginning to feel the soreness and I had a wire break but I trying to remain optimistic. Hopefully we can uplift each other. Right now I'm really feeling as though I made a mistake. Of course this is me being overly dramatic. But I'm just excited to get used to them. Blessings your way.
Dentist asap

ItsNever2Late

#5 Post by ItsNever2Late »

[quote="SingleJawMelb"][quote="ItsNever2Late"]I'm new here myself. I just got my Damon braces (clear on top, metal on bottom) put on today. (Estimated treatment: 15 months) I hope your journey is going well & things are progressing as they should. Right now I am in beginning to feel the soreness and I had a wire break but I trying to remain optimistic. Hopefully we can uplift each other. Right now I'm really feeling as though I made a mistake. Of course this is me being overly dramatic. But I'm just excited to get used to them. Blessings your way.[/quote]

Dentist asap[/quote]

Already done. I messaged my Orthodontist via Facebook overnight. When I woke up 5:15 am she had already agreed to meet me at her office an hour early. She was extremely supportive, educational, and overall reassuring. Somehow my bracket door came open on my back molar. She simply popped it back it, clamped down on some brackets and I was out the door in 10 minutes.

SingleJawMelb

#6 Post by SingleJawMelb »

ItsNever2Late wrote:
SingleJawMelb wrote:
ItsNever2Late wrote:I'm new here myself. I just got my Damon braces (clear on top, metal on bottom) put on today. (Estimated treatment: 15 months) I hope your journey is going well & things are progressing as they should. Right now I am in beginning to feel the soreness and I had a wire break but I trying to remain optimistic. Hopefully we can uplift each other. Right now I'm really feeling as though I made a mistake. Of course this is me being overly dramatic. But I'm just excited to get used to them. Blessings your way.
Dentist asap
Already done. I messaged my Orthodontist via Facebook overnight. When I woke up 5:15 am she had already agreed to meet me at her office an hour early. She was extremely supportive, educational, and overall reassuring. Somehow my bracket door came open on my back molar. She simply popped it back it, clamped down on some brackets and I was out the door in 10 minutes.
That's good. I wouldn't say it's common for brackets to fail or whatever, but I heard it can happen when they first go on. Always contact the ortho if you have issues with things braces or wire popping out. There is never a dental emergency but better to get them fixed sooner. It wasn't her personal Facebook was it 8)

ItsNever2Late

#7 Post by ItsNever2Late »

[quote="SingleJawMelb"][quote="ItsNever2Late"][quote="SingleJawMelb"]

Dentist asap[/quote]

Already done. I messaged my Orthodontist via Facebook overnight. When I woke up 5:15 am she had already agreed to meet me at her office an hour early. She was extremely supportive, educational, and overall reassuring. Somehow my bracket door came open on my back molar. She simply popped it back it, clamped down on some brackets and I was out the door in 10 minutes.[/quote]

That's good. I wouldn't say it's common for brackets to fail or whatever, but I heard it can happen when they first go on. Always contact the ortho if you have issues with things braces or wire popping out. There is never a dental emergency but better to get them fixed sooner. It wasn't her personal Facebook was it 8)[/quote]

No it was the orthodontist office page. She has it set up where patients or potential patients can ask questions. She does answer it herself however. I was pleasantly surprised to discover she responds personally. She is a busy women that runs two separate locations so it's nice to feel that I am more than a number or contract. And the hospitality and good service doesn't start or finish with her either. She has an excellent staff. But now I'm just struggling to deal with the initial pain and eating. Because of my overbite with the brackets my molars don't connect all the way so I'm having the worst time chewing. Anyway I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

SingleJawMelb

#8 Post by SingleJawMelb »

ItsNever2Late wrote:
SingleJawMelb wrote:
ItsNever2Late wrote:
That's good. I wouldn't say it's common for brackets to fail or whatever, but I heard it can happen when they first go on. Always contact the ortho if you have issues with things braces or wire popping out. There is never a dental emergency but better to get them fixed sooner. It wasn't her personal Facebook was it 8)
No it was the orthodontist office page. She has it set up where patients or potential patients can ask questions. She does answer it herself however. I was pleasantly surprised to discover she responds personally. She is a busy women that runs two separate locations so it's nice to feel that I am more than a number or contract. And the hospitality and good service doesn't start or finish with her either. She has an excellent staff. But now I'm just struggling to deal with the initial pain and eating. Because of my overbite with the brackets my molars don't connect all the way so I'm having the worst time chewing. Anyway I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
That's good you are having a good connection with your team.