Thank you NHS!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracefacekayla

Thank you NHS!!!

#1 Post by bracefacekayla »

I finally started my orthodontic journey in April this year, just before my 20th birthday. I had an overbite from sucking my thumb plus an underdeveloped jaw so I'm having surgery as well. I was referred so late thanks to my childhood dentist, as I'm pretty sure she hated me and was convinced there was nothing wrong with my teeth except for my 'awful' dental hygiene. Plus she was very old fashioned and nick-picked at everything, resulting in 5 hideous amalgam fillings. I feel this was the case because she was convinced I had a cavity on my front tooth before I had my braces put on, but I refused to let her near my teeth and went to another dentist for a second opinion and they found nothing! Anyway, my orthodontist is great and sympathized with my case and I don't have to pay for anything. I hope that after braces and jaw surgery, I'll be happy with my smile.