38 years old with Damon clear/metal - my journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nats80

Re: 8 days until B-Day!!!

#31 Post by nats80 »

IMG_1641a.jpg
IMG_1642a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bracingmyself33

Re: 38 years old with Damon clear/metal - my journey

#32 Post by Bracingmyself33 »

Did you have any turbo or molar buildups?

Based on your photos, I suppose you may have either of those so your two front teeth will not knock off the brackets of your front bottom row due to the overbite. With buildups, our teeth are unable to meet.

I had my buildups for the same reason and my doc told me that she will have them removed once my top row of teeth are aligned.

LisainTX

#33 Post by LisainTX »

Hey! I can see a difference! But like they say- be patient. It'll happen.
Those bite blocks are awful. I had them for the first month or so then they wore down. Recently my bottom brackets are starting to hit the back of my front teeth. I know if I say something that I will get some nice new blocks, so I am waiting to see if something shifts more before I say it. LOL

nats80

#34 Post by nats80 »

You were all right - I just needed to be patient! I am 6 months into this now and I can see MASSIVE improvements (in my opinion anyway)! :D

(sorry the picture is obscenely large)!
IMG_2779a.jpg
I'm very excited about the progress over the next 6 months now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Skwiredmouth

#35 Post by Skwiredmouth »

Wow...thats such a big progress....i just started mine last week and its day 7.

I still dont have the confidence of posting pics because I have so bad teeth and trust me even your starting position is pretty good.

atrixa

#36 Post by atrixa »

Wow, they're really lining up!

Skwiredmouth, don't worry about posting pics, it just makes the progress all that more exciting! We're the last people who will judge you on your smile!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

tillybrace

#37 Post by tillybrace »

atrixa wrote:Wow, they're really lining up!

Skwiredmouth, don't worry about posting pics, it just makes the progress all that more exciting! We're the last people who will judge you on your smile!
I 100% agree with this

Skwiredmouth

#38 Post by Skwiredmouth »

tillybrace wrote:
atrixa wrote:Wow, they're really lining up!

I 100% agree with this
Thanks guys. I have started posting pics now :) in my journey post.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=51720

nats80

#39 Post by nats80 »

Well just under 2 years later (and I am no longer 38 years old as per title) and I have been de-braced!!! :-) I will post a separate post with some pics and thoughts.

Sorry I have not been very active after the first 6 months but life took over and my braces just weren't that significant. They quietly did their job and I am now over the moon with a new massively improved smile!

If only I had done this years ago!!!!