28 year old fast braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tillybrace

Re: 28 year old fast braces

#106 Post by tillybrace »

I don't like power chains
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tillybrace

#107 Post by tillybrace »

Rogue teeth alert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

atrixa

#108 Post by atrixa »

I'm quite jealous of your power chains! When I get those that means my gaps are going to close. Did you get much choice of colour? When I had braces as a kid, I think they only had clear.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

tillybrace

#109 Post by tillybrace »

atrixa wrote:I'm quite jealous of your power chains! When I get those that means my gaps are going to close. Did you get much choice of colour? When I had braces as a kid, I think they only had clear.
don;t be jealous, they do nothing for me. i never get a pick of colour. my dentist just does what she wants

tillybrace

#110 Post by tillybrace »

I was going to share my first majour update in quite a while, but my lips are all as
swollen and manky, and i don't want to inflict that on you.

My bite has closed somewhat, my top front teeth now sort of touch my bottom front teeth, i am actually excited. Now if only they would hurrry up and be done, i am bored of braces now.

tillybrace

#111 Post by tillybrace »

New Bite. Also look who has a bottom arch....meeeeerr

tillybrace

#112 Post by tillybrace »

My bottom teeth are done :D, but i have to keep the bottom brave one for a while longer :ThumbsDown:
I also have double power chains on the top, and words can not express how much this is currently hurting me. :| .
I don't know if power chains come in various strengths, but this one hurts like hell, and having two on my upper jaw is cruel and unnecessary torture.
I have also asked my dentist about the jaw surgery she suggest as i was two scared when she mention it last year, i am not scared anymore, but maybe it is two late.
See I can still write proper updates, must be out of the moody braces are the devil stage...nope i am not, that i was a lie, i am sick of wearing them now, just want them off.

tillybrace

#113 Post by tillybrace »

some update photos.

tillybrace

#114 Post by tillybrace »

these photo's show my rogue tooth. I am concerned about the bracket placement, as the tooth does not seem to be moving forward and it seem to be pushing my right front tooth even further out. I keep trying to tell my dentist that she need to either move the bracket, or create space for the rogue tooth, but she keep powering chaining me instead, which just makes me rogue tooth bend out of position more, and painful move my front tooth in the wrong direction

tillybrace

#115 Post by tillybrace »

See the bad lower chains have pushed the tooth out of the arch

tillybrace

#116 Post by tillybrace »

Is it just me or has my nose changed?

Smiley23

#117 Post by Smiley23 »

What are fast braces?

tillybrace

#118 Post by tillybrace »

Smiley23 wrote:What are fast braces?
google is your friend

atrixa

#119 Post by atrixa »

tillybrace wrote:See the bad lower chains have pushed the tooth out of the arch
I don't understand why some orthodontists put power chains on before the teeth have aligned properly. Surely if a tooth comes out of alignment the best thing to do is to take them off and make sure teeth don't go where they aren't wanted?

I watch quite a lot of adult braces on youtube and there was one girl who got power chains at the same time she got her braces on. Apparently, her ortho wanted the gaps to close faster, but her teeth weren't even straight. There was another girl I watched who got power chains on early, got them off at the next appointment and was told it was a 'mistake'.

Anyway, I'm sure they know better than me. :roll:

I also have a chain on now (just on the front four) and they are like torture. Asides from the problems with that lateral, your teeth are looking great!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

tillybrace

#120 Post by tillybrace »

I think we have movement