Open Bite - My Journey with Braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jasv

Open Bite - My Journey with Braces

#1 Post by jasv »

Hello Everyone!

I decided to share my experience and journey with braces, and this is my second time with braces.

To start off, I don't remeber having open bite before first braces. I got them due to crowding, there wasn't enough space for my upper canines and they came through very high in the arch. Thus, I had to wear the haas expander with facemask/headgear for 6 months and then I got the regular braces. During the treatment my ortho decided that there wasn't still enough space for my canines, and I had to have two of my 1st bicuspids removed. As a retainer I git the hawley retainer with tongue crib. I finshed my first treatment in 2012 and since then I was wearing the retainer until April this year.
The second journey with braces started April 20. We're working with the regular braces and I will aslo get metal brackets to the inside of my front teeth. Unfortunately, I don't know how severe is my open bite because my ortho didn't say.

Just to mention I'm 21

jasv

Re: Open Bite - My Journey with Braces

#2 Post by jasv »

I get the impression that my upper incisors have moved to one side more :?

In advance, I'm sorry for my gross teeth :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jasv

#3 Post by jasv »

I had my first adjustment on Monday. I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with what my teeth look like. Let me know what you think about the improvement!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HummerMan3

#4 Post by HummerMan3 »

I like the blue ligatures. Not a whole lot of movement yet, but closing an open bite takes time. Your teeth are relatively straight already, so they look great from the higher angle that doesn't show the gap. Looking forward to your progress!