Second time around the block

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Moops

Second time around the block

#1 Post by Moops »

Well, like many kids, I didn't wear my retainers and now, a few weeks after turning 32, I'm getting braces again. :roll:

I went in for a consultation April 21st, with my original orthodontist, and it went well. I got pictures done after the consultation as well as a 360 xray and molds. I'm going with smartclip self-lighting brackets. They don't use bands anymore --yay no spacers!!-- and use bonded retainers now, so no relapsing this time, lol. Quoted time is 14-18 months.

Braces day is May 11th, I'll update as things happen :)

Moops

Re: Second time around the block

#2 Post by Moops »

*Self-ligating brackets. Sorry, I can't edit yet. Also, I kind of regret the "rolly eyes" icon. I'm excited to get everything fixed up again! So, "rolly eyes" at my teenage self, "smiley face" at my decision to get my smile perfect again!

Jdizle

#3 Post by Jdizle »

Yay congrats! Are you excited?

Moops

#4 Post by Moops »

[quote="Jdizle"]Yay congrats! Are you excited?[/quote]

I am indeed, although I'm increasingly nervous as the appointment gets closer!

oldfart

#5 Post by oldfart »

Bonded retainers aren't the prefect thing for retention all the time. Most do not include the premolars/molars and often just rest behind the lower front teeth which does allow forward movement.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

Moops

#6 Post by Moops »

[quote="oldfart"]Bonded retainers aren't the prefect thing for retention all the time. Most do not include the premolars/molars and often just rest behind the lower front teeth which does allow forward movement.[/quote]

Yeah, they give you clear retainers as well. I'm absolutely wearing them this time :D

oldfart

#7 Post by oldfart »

That makes more sense. I wasn't a fan of the clear retainers so switched to the Hawleys. :) And its a repeat performance for me also, and definitely wearing my retainers so far.
of
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom